TMC Gold Reference Speaker Cables

High Velocity, Aluminum Core/Copper Conductor with Teflon Insulation Speaker Cables (Price is per meter)

Submitted by tebbs a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: September 15, 2007

Bottom Line:
Sorry...This is by way of clarifying the preceeding review....my preference in the TMC/AQ speaker cable shootout should be stated with more clarity..... I definitely preferred the tmc gold over the aq even while using the az digital cable. The AQ bass was fractionally more articulate ie plumbed the depths ever so slightly better. The TMC bass had more weight but was still extremely musical (ie not bloated)...this was the only aspect of the aq that I had a slight preference for...the treble and mids were hands down more seductive with the Golds even with the az in the system. It was then the introduction of the TMC Blue digital cable which became such a revelation ...as a long term much travelled audiophile I can only describe it as startling....thanks

Purchased At:   tmc

Submitted by tebbs a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: September 14, 2007

Bottom Line:
I have used tmc yellow ics between my pre and power amps for many years but only made the move on the speaker cable and digital ic 3 months ago..and did so with some skepticism. I had been enjoying bi wired Audioquest Gibraltar speaker cable along with an Acoustic Zen mc2 digital cable. This setup gave me great detail and deep clean bass but I felt that the soundstage was recessed and narrowed and therefore lacked the sense of "musicians in the room". My process of changing cables included the appropriate burn in periods and the result was as follows. . I changed the aq for the Golds first and felt the differences were subtle...slightly better image focus,retention of the great detail ,slightly blacker background with the bass about equal with a slight preference for the aq,s. Both sets of cables have good pedigree (remembering that the aq was 3 times the price of the TMC) so I wasnt suprised by this...however when I changed the AZ for the TMC Blue 75 ohm digital cable (between my transport and dacs) which I did with little expectation I truly was amazed. The width and depth of the soundtage literally blew me away. I could hear 'into' recordings that had been far more one dimensional in my old setup. Instruments became truly isolated from one another with the air in the treble increased dramatically. Dynamic swings in music( particularly big band,classical and rock) which served previously to remind me that I was listening to compressed recordings in the digital domain were now a revelation. ..all brought forth from an absolutely dead quiet background. The 3 dimensional presentation of that which I had become familiar with in 2 1/2 dimensions pressed all the audiophilia buttons in me that devotees generally yearn for...not to mention pay for. I recommend without reservation an all TMC system...45 days money back says it all.
System in brief...
Proceed AVP 2 , Marantz monoblocks, Arcam transport. mirage OM 6s

Purchased At:   TMC

Submitted by whiskeytango6 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: May 14, 2007

Bottom Line:
I've had these in my system now for 2 years. Never once thought of upgrading. have in my system now a Classic 6.6 int. amp and an esound e5sig cd player. Brutally honest and wonderful equipment from the far east........what isn't made in the far east these days! cables are a joy plain and simple. replaced kimbers 8TC and heard an immeadiate improvement. I have tried other cables in the line, some costing upwards of $2000.00 a pair.....I keep coming back to the gold reference.

Purchased At:   the-music-cable

Submitted by magisterludi a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: August 19, 2006

Bottom Line:
It is so nice that there are excellent cable options available to audiophile's that don.t cost too much. I 1st heard about these at the highly respected Supratek preamp website. I had to downgrade my system for financial reasons,selling off some very nice Jena Labs Symphoney speaker cables and gave these a try.
Absolutely a remarkable cable at this price point. Allows a neutral, open, and harmonic soundfield. I was amazed at the detail,bass control and inner detail that could be had for $150!
I ended buying getting 3 of the TMC IC's and couldn't be more pleased. A natural, harmonic sound for less than $300 in cables.
The post's here are correct for TMC cables, a definate audiophile BARGAIN, that I highly recommend!
Used with:
Wolcott P220 & Van Alstine 550exr amps
Von Schweikert VR4JR speakers

Purchased At:   used

Submitted by suss a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 28, 2005

Bottom Line:
I purchased these cables (along with XLR's, white label interconnects and even the jumper wires) to have unity throughout my 2-channel system. They were recommended to me by a friend who's an audiophile and insisted that I give them a try. I bought two 3m pairs of the Gold Reference Speaker Cables because my Proceed AMP2 has two sets of binding posts for true bi-wiring. When I hooked them up to my KEF Reference 3's the improvement was remarkable. The most glaring difference to me was in the bass response. The mid's and highs were much clearer making the music more "lifelike". I also know that as they burn in, they will sound even better. And don't let the weight of these cables fool you. They are light but they will make a believer out of you, as they did for me. I had never spent this much on cables before, but getting 50% off my entire order sure didn't hurt. Imagine that, a quality product at a reasonable price. And if it's personalized customer service you want, King will answer all your questions quickly and honestly. You must try these great cables from Down Under.

Purchased At:   TMC direct