Tekline speaker cable Speaker Cables

4.75/5 (4 Reviews)

Submitted by walteraudio a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: July 1, 2009

Bottom Line:
With the Tekline cables in place, there was a distinctly superior sense of dimension, balance, and "liveness" that drew me in more subjectively than objectively. Translation: I didn’t have to think about why I was enjoying the music and sound.

Great buy for small price. Will try interconnects for sure.

Walter

Submitted by alexis a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: April 30, 2004

Bottom Line:
After going through so many different speaker cables I was given a suggestion to try silver cable for use with my low powered SET amp (8 watts). What a revelation ! I have used silver speaker cable before on other systems I had in the past and I did not care for it much due to the tizzy, metallic sound you can get. In retrospect, I will attribute this to bad synergy in my "then" system. So I was given this Tek Line silver cable to try as an after thought along with some other cables. Keep in mind I have tried about five other well known brands of cable, all of which were very good but probably not meant for use in low powered applications due to capacitance or inductance constraints or whatever the restraints are when using a SET amp.

Quoting Handel's Messiah "ALLELUJA ! ALLELUJUA" , . Again, what a revelation. Perhaps I should have really investigated silver cable early on and I would have saved myself a lot of trouble and not to mention money.
My very capable amp (surprisingly for 8 watts) began to really sing. Apparently, it was teaching me a lesson or just being coy, but I could finally hear a natural, smooth, grainless presentation. The voices sounded so natural (organic you might say), and acoustic and string sounds were sweet and warm without any falsness. I was thouroghly impressed after having spent much more money on other well known cables. Here I was kind of feeling guilty that I only paid about a relatively low $ 400. It just leaves me to wonder how this cable got by without too much notice. It truly does wonders for my system even when it comes to the low end frequencies which tend to be constricted when it comes to silver. I must mention that I could finally hear some depth coming from my system. Something that was difficult to achieve before. I must say, I am more than a little pleased by this cables performance.

Submitted by Mike a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: February 26, 2003

Bottom Line:
the Tekline Ag-2 speaker cables replaced
a much more expensive silver speaker cables...these cables are a steal...a real bargain that outperforms or equals bales out there at twice the price

Purchased At:   Audiogon

Submitted by T. Brown a an Audiophile

Date Reviewed: November 5, 1997

Bottom Line:
This stuff replaced some VERY expensive (highly rated) cable in my reference system. So inexpensive, it's practically a gift! Scott Richardson offers an in-home 30-day money-back trial. You cannot lose!

Duration Product Used:   an Audiophile