Synergistic Research Speaker 1000 Speaker Cables

Speaker wire

Submitted by Jim a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 8, 1999

Bottom Line:
I replaced my mix of Monster and Audioquest interconnects cables with all brand-new Audio 1000, and my Monster speaker wire with Speaker 1000. All of this wire connects my Denon AVR-2600 and B&W 620i speakers.
Audio 1000s went in first. The improvement in imaging was the most dramatic change. Not a lot changed in terms of response or clarity until I watched a movie. What I assume is improved phase coherence really took Dolby Prologic movies to a new level; positioning was greatly enhanced and clarity of sound effects off the center channel were improved.

Synergistic suggests pairing Audio 1000 cable with Speaker 1000 (go figure, sell more cable). Well, I was so impressed with the Audio 1000 that I dropped another $75 to get some Speaker 1000.

The improvement isn't as dramatic as replacing my interconnects, but it's still noticable and pleasing. One thing about Speaker 1000, I'm impressed with the constructions of the wire, it's heavily shileded and tightly wrapped. Once I listened to a few of my auditioning CDs, I think I can honestly say that everything sounds clearer, particularly the attack on the higher frequencies (Kitaro's drums have a good *smack* to them before the note sounds, if that makes sense). I don't think it's added any coloration, just removed a light haze that's been over my music. Dialog in movies is a little more robust now, too.

Overall, I'd rate these as outstanding mid-fi wires. Those who want the truly premium might want to look a little higher up the line.

MS 1400W: