Synergistic Research Master AC Coupler Speaker Cables

4.75/5 (24 Reviews)

Submitted by Kin Chan a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 3, 2002

Bottom Line:
I purchased 3 of these used and plugged them into my CD DAC, preamp and power amp. Wow, I didn't think power cords would make this much difference. I was immediately impressed by the extra silence they afforded to my system on the whole, and I was already quite happy with my JPS Superconductor 2 speaker cables. Bass and detail both improved considerably - so much so that I could live on stereo without my REL Strata III subwoofer.

IMO, the AC Master Coupler is a fantastic power cable if you can get it used. Phenomenal value.

Purchased At:   Classifieds

Submitted by Joe Vang a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: November 12, 2001

Bottom Line:
Power cords, they can't possibly make a difference, can they?
I'm can not believed the improvement over stock AC cords when I hooked-up to my Cal Icon MKII HDCD/Power Boss CDP.
The Master makes as big difference as good speaker cable.
This one's definitely a good upgraded.

Purchased At:   audiogon

Submitted by JD3 a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: March 9, 2001

Bottom Line:
I am part of an unoffical Martin Logan speaker club in the Los Angeles California area. We visit each others Martin Logan speakers & help each other improve & experiment with our audio/video systems. I first heard Synergistic Research power cords at a dealers audio/video system that had the same speakers as mine; the Martin Logan SL3. His speakers had more push & pull with the woofers & there was less noise during the silent sections of the music. Later another Martin Logan speaker owner came over to my house & pluged in his Cardias power cords into my audio/video system & again the same improvements were attained. Bought the Synergistic Research power cords because I heard that they were the best for the money & I have other Synergistic Research Bi-wires on another stereo system (Krell 300i integrated amp to NHT VT2 speakers). I use to have a hum from my Audio Research LS16 pre-amp audio-by-pass switch when my Theta Casa Nova processor played through during 5.1 modes. One day I rewired the whole system & separted the stock power cords into different surge protectors & the hum went away. Now with the new Synergistic Research power cords, the hum came back, but after 3 days of changing a wire here, moving a wire there, the hum is gone. Therefore it's not the Synergistic power cords, but powers cords in general in relation with my house's old wires. End remarks: gives more push & pull with woffers, open up my rear speakers (Martin Logan Scripts), & makes everything run quieter. JD3

Purchased At:   YAWA

Submitted by Jay Kapur a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 24, 2001

Bottom Line:
This power cord has always gotten rave reviews. Everyone seems to think that they are great. I'm sorry to report that I'm the lone dissenter. I have two of these on my Parasound amplifiers and they really don't do anything for the sound. I tried using one as the connection from the wall to a Richard Gray's Power Company 400S and the sound quality of my system actually degraded. The plug wouldn't stay in the wall socket either. I guess that the sound of the ElectraGlide power cord just spoiled me.

Purchased At:   Weekend Environments

Submitted by Rob S a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 16, 2000

Bottom Line:
Well another tweak and more $$$out to sonic bliss.
I thought using the Power wedges was enough.I was wrong.
I got the SRMCAC cords on to my Act 3 pre amp and both my B&K Ref 4430/4420.
After 3X 24/7 of running time, to "Break In" I sat and was very happy.All the above strength were acheived.
I wanted to initially acheive a quiter background and after the first day you will notice the diffrence. Without my line conditioner it sounded just as quiet but in my apartment the electricity is up/down so I wanted to protect my investment.
I cant recomend this cable to every one as it may have diffrent outcomes. Demo it first and you to may be amazed.
Good luck.