Straight Wire Rhapsody II Speaker Cables

4.5/5 (10 Reviews)

Interconnect and speaker wire

Submitted by DeeChiSound a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 21, 2002

Bottom Line:
I bought this interconnect on a hunch that it would be a good cable since I owned the Symphony for a few months. This cable really does sound real and the highs sound more extended. The bass really solid and the midrange is really good.

Purchased At:   Private

Submitted by Mark Shaheen a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 7, 2001

Bottom Line:
Bought these from a factory rep new, when I worked at Buzz Jensens Sound Advice in Arizona. Love the cables. The only bab part about them is they are only 6 footers, could use a pair of 10 foot cables, and the fact that is you have a pair of speakers lacking in any way these cables will show it and stick it in your face. Highs are smooth and detailed. Same across the whole sound stage. VERY HAPPY with them.
***Anyone with a pair of 8-10 footers for sale? If so e-mail me please, reasonable price hoped for.

Purchased At:   Direct from Straight Wire

Submitted by Erik Hdn a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 18, 2001

Bottom Line:
I feel hard to listen a song through this cable, after I play music through T14 and Cardas, I found this cable couldn't make my sistem singing, it's hard, sometimes harsh, too open in mid freq, but have a good punch bass.
the detail in hi freq little better than T14 but more harsh.
I not recomend this cable for whom seek a smooth cable (trust your ear not this all review below).
T14 in shotgun mode even better than this cable and with Cardas Hex 5, I found the best sound comes out from my system.
My system is:
- Nad T550 dvd player
- Parasound D/AC 800 d/a converter
- Audible Illusions Mod 3 pre amp
- Cary Audio 807 Signature power amp
- Adcom GFA 545 power amp
- Technics SB-RX50 loudspeaker
- Vifa DIY floorstanding loudspeaker (I named it "Monolith")
- Apogee Wydeeye digital cable
- Cardas Microtwin 300B & Hexlink 5 interconect
- Taralabs RSC Prime Gen2 interconect
- DH labs BL1 inteconect
- T14 & Hexlink 5 speaker cable

Purchased At:   Excelent Audio Art

Submitted by Yoav a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: January 31, 2001

Bottom Line:
These are great cables, which I have used through most of my system for the past 5 years. They have a superb midrange response, and the sense of depth is hard to beat. All in all, I am very pleased with their performance and have no intention of replacing them. The nice thing about them is that they fit in almost any system, thanks to their great neutrality.

The only downfalls that I could think of is that some cables in the same price range (some M.I.T cables for instance, or the Monster Cable Sigma series) have a tad more presence in the lower frequencies, and sometimes I wished the sound was less mellow and a bit more clear-cut.

In conclusion, these are great cables, and anyone buying a high-end system should check them out. You might regret it if you don't!

Submitted by fidelio a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 4, 2000

Bottom Line:
this speaker cable is a bargain. i believe its articulate smooth sound may be due in part to the fact the copper strands are individually teflon-coated. i find it lacking in harshness, w/ excellent midbass and deep bass, a bit like an xlo cable (the ultra or 5 or 5.1). compared to my mit term 2's, it is more "natural" sounding, perhaps less rolled-off. imaging and soundstaging are acceptable. i recommend a trial for any but the most expensive system. i have dynaudio contour 1.3's and aragon amp, muse preamp, msb digital; audioquest opal and hovland interconnects. five stars in its price class.

SFLAT: