Stealth Cables M-7 Speaker Cables

4.33/5 (6 Reviews) MSRP : $700.00

M-7 Magnificent Seven : ultra-quiet interconnect cables: seven individually insulated pure silver conductors, ultra-thin central silver conductor, porous Teflon dielectric, genuine Swiss-made Neutrik RCA (Pro-Fi) or XLR connectors, air-tight epoxy seal.

Submitted by Rebel Thompson a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 6, 2003

Bottom Line:
Being an audio engineer. I challenged a friend to allow me to test his ability to identify the performance of these cables to other, quality but not ridiculously priced cables. First I performed some electronic tests to measure loss, response, distortion etc. The cable loss was a bit less, but not anything that would be perceptible when compared to the non-brand cable. You would never notice the few hundredths of a db difference and even if you could, a minute touch on the v-cont would be all that would be required. Distortion - non-detectable with the equipment that I was using which goes down to 0.01%. Even my lab generator is barely this good. Third, I could see some improvement in frequency response, but the difference this and my reference cable did not begin to show up until my generator passed 6.5MHz (that's mega hertz!) Below that, both were virtually flat. Next, on to the real world. My friend, with exceptional hearing, could not begin to tell which channel had the 'good' cable and which had the off-the-shelf. Not surprising considering my test results.

Purchased At:   gift

Submitted by fungfucius a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 2, 2002

Bottom Line:
i'm reviewing the stealth m-7 interconnects. but i also have the stealth scr ic's (3 pairs). all these stealth cables are shielded and uni-directional. i got all of them through auctions, thus the low price.

to get to the chase: stealth cables have now replaced nordost cables in my system, from nordost solar winds to red dawns. the m-7 retails for about $700, so it's more expensive than the nordost red dawn. but the stealth scr is in the same price range as the red dawn. but regardless of cost, from what i can hear, the stealth's are better than my nordost's in my system.

i got the m-7 used. so i don't know the amount of usage before they came to me. i connected the m-7 between the preamp and the monoblocks. immediately, i heard an increased brightness compared to the red dawn. but not harsh brightness; so i stayed with the setup to do some breaking in. a month later, the brightness disappeared and clarity ensued. my turntable, cd players, and dac's are connected to the preamp by stealth scr's. the scr's replaced the nordost solar winds.

Purchased At:   interlink house

Submitted by human a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: July 3, 2002

Bottom Line:
Please also read my review of the FLR (Fine Line Reference).
I started with the FLR and had 3 or 4 of them. Serguei sent me a Ribbon,
and a CWS to try. Well he did not get them back! The CWS destroys any other cable I've heard so far, such a naturalness and transparency I redid my entire system with them. Then came the M-7. I was not prepared at all, I thought it (my system) was as good as it gets, HA!
For me though, the M-7 Hit the nail on the head, a dramatic breakthrough.
They sound really weird at first. Overly bright, and kind of "distant" sounding, with a recessed deep bass. Silver cables require a great deal of breaking in. I recommend FM interstation hiss but the XLO Burn In CD also makes the process quicker.
Even from day one you will hear no harshness, as time goes on things begin to move into focus. There is a clarity and delicacy that is compelling and draws you in. In a word "SPACE". These cables bring you the space of the recording venue like nothing else. Then there is the effortless power of the low end finally, dynamics feel unrestrained and natural.
The high end is the most seductive. gone is any glare or grit or even haze, like veils removed. The analogy of washing a window is not even appropriate, more like the Windows has been removed completly! The sound becomes completely detached from your speakers, Cymbals, voices float completely in the air. Adding his speaker cables, I ended up with the URs only adds to the sublty and refinement but also a sense of effortless power, you are getting all the information there is. I love the M-7, and still have a few in my rather ambitious system.
The way they translate the sound into space is exquisite. Often friends comment that it sounds like the musicians are right in the room! I have a center channel speaker for movies but since the M-7 it makes no difference if it is on or off, the solidity of the center image is extraordinary. In short, your entire system disappears into glorious, rapturous music.
Cables are system dependant and so I have found them a bit too bright on my (Dynavector) phono. The remedy is the M-7 Signature with a gold center conductor. Gold has the most awesome midrange imaginable but is a tad soft on top, perfect for balancing a bright source or speakers.
I've been a customer since 1997. I try other products but they don't even compare. Try them!

Purchased At:   Internlink House

Submitted by steveT a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 21, 2002

Bottom Line:
These cables made such a huge difference that even the girlfriend was OK with the price! I got rid of all my old IC's and went soley to STEALTH IC's and speaker cables. I did not include a price due to the fact that I purchased several different lengths and the prices of each was different.

Purchased At:   audiogon.com

Submitted by yeahright a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: May 16, 2002

Bottom Line:
Bought the product through auction in Audiogon. The pair was intended to be used from the DAC to preamp. At first listen there was a slight brightness to the cds i was accustomed to listen to. Although I was very satistied of the other cables (power& digital) that were previously purchased directly from the manufacturer, I informed him (Serguei) that the cables were a little bit bright. He told me that better cables need at least 200 hrs of break in period. After listening for about 50 hours, I heard more details, transparent, and became highly musical. It is hard to believe that the M7 silver interconnects can be sweet sounding. Well 200 hrs had passed, I truly enjoyed listening to cds than before.

Purchased At:   Interlinkhouse