Sonic Horizon Daybreak Speaker Cables

True Shotgun Design HSO-EGC Conductors Teflon/Air Dielectric 13 AWG Propreitary Z-Stat Technology PET Jacket

Submitted by starfish a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 7, 2002

Bottom Line:
i'm using one for center in an a-v system. absolute and clear vocals. i've used many cables over the years- cables at many price points. the sonic horizon cables have clearly shown to be a solid value if they blend with your taste and system. so much comes down to taste, but these cables offer unbeatable value.

Purchased At:   hcm

Submitted by Matt_JM a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 11, 2002

Bottom Line:
Let me start with thanking everyone that uses this forum correctly. I spent hours researching amps, speakers, cd players, cables, etc. on this site and a few others. This effort led to recent upgrades to a Krell KAV-300i integrated amp and B&W Nautilus 805's.

I listened to Kimber, DH Labs, and Monster's "high-end" Z series reference cables prior to this purchase. Based on the information gathered in this forum, I knew internal or external bi-wire was the way to go for the 805’s, but my budget was $350.00 to $400.00 for 10-foot wires. Because of this, the field was finally narrowed to the DH Labs Q10’s internally bi-wired or a set Q10’s and a set T14’s.

Then I stumbled across a review of Sonic Horizon – AND I AM GLAD I DID. I talked with JED and Harry at Sonic Horizons and they provided a lot of insight in to the design, goals, etc. I noticed they had a 2 sets of demo version 1 Daybreaks on their website. After a little education for the version 1 versus 2 differences, I elected to buy both sets of version 1 to externally bi-wire the 805’s.

Perhaps because these wires were demos or my other wires were plain “junk” Monster wires, there was a significant difference in performance immediately. The bass is more noticeable, tight, and clean as various volumes with multiple music types (Sarah Mason, The Coors, Elton John, Yanni, Pavarotti, Santana, etc.). Having heard some of these performers in concert, the mid range vocals a true to concert sound and the highs are not harsh or tiring.

The sound stage went from tight and knowing where the speakers were placed to wide and invisible speakers. My listening room is a loft that opens to the entire downstairs, so it can be challenging to hear good bass. I do not have, nor do I want a sub-woofer for my music system (home theater is one thing).

I encourage anyone on a budget to try these wires. They truly perform above their price target. You won’t see a lot of advertisements for them, but word of mouth is the best and these exceeded my expectations! Construction and quality are also great! And they look good too. For you married audio-types out there – my spouse said they drastically improved the sound and they were worth the money ($135/pair)!

Purchased At:   www.SonicHorizon.com