Silver Audio SilverBullets 6.0 Speaker Cables

4.67/5 (9 Reviews)

Submitted by jasonking a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: May 13, 2003

Bottom Line:
Agree with Mike's opinion. Pure Silver Sound is far more accurate at less price. With all that you can imagine for silver cables.
I also own a pair of Audio Note silver cable. The best sound I've ever heard. Pure silver can achieve 90% of audio note performance at much lower price.
Compare to pure silver or audio note, my bullet 6.0 become a itch and I want to get rid of asap.

Submitted by bz1 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: March 30, 2003

Bottom Line:
I was making another (never ending, you all know what this hobby is like!)system change. This time it was to run my CDP direct to my Amps. I needed to purchase a 2 meter unbalanced interconnect to accomplish this. After reading reviews (both mags and websites) I was very interested in the Silver Audio Line. What impressed me was after talking to Max (Silver Audio Owner) he suggested the 6.0 bullets even though I was willing (and planned on a higher priced model). Max impressed me with his honesty. Oter manufacturers tend to say the higher you go the better it will be. When I recv'd the bullets I immediately noticed a deeper bass along with a VERY SMOOTH,WIDE,and DETAILED frequency range. The 6.0 Silver Bullets seemed to be pulling the signal from my CDP not just providing a signal path. What I heard is what Max described. Silver Audio gives a 30 trial which I think can be reduced to a 3 minute trial since that's all you'll need. There's an old saying "You get what you pay for" In my opinion Silver Audio has proven that wrong because in this case I feel I got more than what I paid for. This is a great product very resonable priced with a supportive and honest company behind it. Next I have to save for the Symphony 48 speaker cables.
Thanks Max !!

My sys:
Dynaudio Contour 3.3 (Love these!!)
Bryston 7BST (Great amps/gd match)
Cal Audio CL15
Analysis Plus Oval 9 (sp cable)
Audio Research LS3B(over acheiver Pramp

Purchased At:   Silver Audio

Submitted by Heather Martin a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 24, 2000

Bottom Line:
My natural upgrade path went Kimber Hero, Silver Streak, DH Labs, Harmonic Tech Truth link then Por-Silway, Audiotruth, and then Silver Audio. The sound and the price do not always correspond.

The Dh Labs was cheaper then the Hero's and had better bass but the mids were bright. The truth link had better mids but less bass and gritty highs. I got a pair of used Pro-silway to replace the truth link and it corrected much of the problem. But after trying the Silver Audio's I will never go back to copper (I guess the silver plating made the DH Labs bright, because the pure silver was smooth). The Pro-Silway was a big improvement over the truth link. at $250 the truth link is not as good as the 4.0's, but I forked out the extra $50 (over the truth link that is) and got the 6.0's. Another big gain in clarity, soundstaging and liquid mid range. To date the best interconnects I have heard.

Hero 2.5
DH Labs 3
Truth link 3
Por-silway 4
Silver bullet 6.0's 5

Ultech UCD-100 CD player
Jolida 502 A Integrated amp(Raytheon, Mullard and Svetlana tubes)
Hales Revelation Two speakers
Silver bullet 6.0's interconnects
Pure Silver Sound Sextet speaker cables
PSB Stratus
Pure Silver Sound sextet

Submitted by Won-Taek Choe a an Audiophile

Date Reviewed: July 27, 1999

Bottom Line:
Just wanted to let y'all know that I used a old Silver Audio 6.0 as an AES/BSU digital interconnect between my Monarchy DIP MkII and my Adcom GDA700 with excellent results!!! I know that it's not intended for this purpose, but just thought I'd give it a try. I'm glad I did!It's WAYYY better than the Kimber AGDL that it replaces! I'm going to get a 6ft length of the van den Hul 110ohm cable pretty soon. I'll let you know how it compares when I get that hooked up.
Happy listening!

peace,
won-taek.

Duration Product Used:   an Audiophile

Submitted by Rich a an Audiophile

Date Reviewed: March 17, 1999

Bottom Line:
Although the improvement I get upgrading from Silver Bullets 4.0 to 6.0 is not as dramatic as changing from other cables (Kimber, Tara Labs, MIT,Transparent, ...) to the 4.0s, I'd still give it a five star rating for I have never heard ANYTHING better.

Duration Product Used:   an Audiophile