Silver Audio Silver Symphony 32 Speaker Cables

Pure silver speaker cables in Litz configuration.
- price based on 8ft. pair

Submitted by mark a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: February 8, 2001

Bottom Line:
This review is on the Symphony 48 cables. I have only had these cables for a couple of days. As with most, they should take about 100 hours to burn in. It's still true what they say about not knowing what you're missing until you make a GOOD upgrade! In the first few seconds of listening I heard details that I had never heard before on recordings that I have listened to for years.

The increase in clarity, dynamics, depth, size of soundstage, and air around instruments is phenominal! I would not have thought it possible to improve my system this much without replacing a component. Actually, these cables and others from Silver Audio have made more of an audible difference than replacing my components. That being said, I have to keep in mind that any system is only as good as its weakest link.

They have a very natural sound and are not at all to bright as one might think. My experience with cables that are too bright has been with silver PLATED copper cables - NOT silver cables. It's a whole other ball game with silver cables!

I have a somewhat simple system. It consists of Magnepan MG2.7QR speakers, psb 3i subwoofer, Linn Genki cd player, and a Audio Research 100.2 amp. The interconnects from the variable outputs of the cd player to the amp are Silver Audio's Hyacinth.

Max at Silver Audio is the most personable and trusting person I have ever dealt with in the audio business. The cables are beautifully made. They are black mesh with very nice aluminum ends. They look very elegant and are quite flexible. The construction appears to be first rate and then some.

I suppose I could go on about these cables but I don't really need to. These may be the last cables ya ever buy. They probably will be for me.

Purchased At:   silver audio

Submitted by Mitchell Schumer a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: February 16, 2000

Bottom Line:
Biwired martin logans with 2 4ftpairs of the symphony 48s
transformed My system to an extent i didnt think possible
All music pop classical takes on a presence due to an unbelievable clarity with a full bodied midrange ans tight full bass!
My lamm equipment never sounded better.
I also tried it with cj tube monos Wow!
If you are serious about purchasing quality wires that DELIVER! the good these are the ones
paired with the apasionatas up front i an totally satisfied
Give them a shot i guarantee you keep them!
Mitchell

Submitted by BRIAN a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: January 26, 2000

Bottom Line:
I wanted the Nordost SPM interconnects and speaker cables as soon as heard them but I simply could not afford them. I started to survey the market for alternatives and came up with the Silver Audio cables.
These cables use the same multiple Litz concept as Nordost but use pure silver strands wound together in their own special insulation and configuration. The impedance of the cable is said to be much closer to the speaker impedance than other brands of cable and should therefore form a better "transmission line".
The result is a visually beautiful cable with some very impressive electrical statistics - at least on paper.
How they sound:-
It took quite a bit of time (20 - 30 hours) before the cables gave their best.
I was worried about the "silver is bright" theory but this proved to be completely untrue. In fact quite the opposite. These cables produced a very natural, detailed treble and mid range with an extended and controlled bass. Imaging is holographic and first rate. The whole emphasis seems to be on naturalness and believability of the sound.
There is bags of detail. Every nuance, texture and detail is present in the music but never at the expense of musicality. They are never bright or edgy.
Their strength is in getting out of the way and letting the music get to the loudspeakers.
They are superb cables and I am sure will hold their own with anything out there (including SPM's). They definitely deserve to be heard. I am delighted with them!

Equipment:
Roksan ROK 1 CD transport
Pink Triangle Dacapo DAC, 24/20 filter & DC PSU
Audio Synthesis Passion passive pre-amplifier (Vishay resistor version)
Spectron Musician power amplifier
Ruark Equinox loudspeakers
Silver Audio Appassionata interconnects and Symphony 32 speaker cables.

Submitted by john gaynor a an Audiophile

Date Reviewed: July 29, 1999

Bottom Line:
I've heard everything, this speaker wire you cant hear ! if not the best on of the top five.

Duration Product Used:   an Audiophile

Submitted by George Lau a an Audiophile

Date Reviewed: April 2, 1999

Bottom Line:
Silver Audio's Symphony 48 speaker cables has dramatically changed the way music is coming through my speakers (Apogee Stag. The clarity of the highs and the authority of the bass has never been better. I've other cables from Silver Audio before (Silver Bullet 4.0 and 6.0; and they've always improved the way my system's sound. Keep up the good work Max.

Duration Product Used:   an Audiophile