Siltech LS-80 G3 Speaker Cables

4.5/5 (2 Reviews)

Submitted by Kenny_R a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: December 2, 2004

Bottom Line:
I have always been skeptical about cables and put off by the industry hype and often outrageous prices for "just wire".
Many cables are sold as audiophile products but do not deliver the promise!
But there are some cables that have the capacity to move a good system to another level and convince even cynics that well designed interconnects are a vital link in the chain that cannot be ignored.

Of all cables I have tested only the Siltech LS-80B G3has provided a truly synergistic match to bring through the true capabilities of my ARC SP11 MK2 preamp and D250 valve amp feeding Appogee Duetta Signatures. I use both CD (Sony XA7ES and Turntable sources (Linn/Koetsu)

With this cable my system delivers a remarkable deep 3 dimensional soundstage with extended and delightfully smooth high frequencies. Midrange and bass are superb with fine resolution of micro detail that "ordinary" cables simply cannot resolve.

Yes they are expensive - even secondhand but well worth it!

Purchased At:   from friend

Submitted by Steve a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: August 13, 2000

Bottom Line:
As soon as this Bi wire cable was hooked up in my system the changes were dramatic. The bass that I was getting ready to treat the room to cure the Bloat was very tight and clean. No more bloat. the highs were there and sparkeling but not overbright or zippy. The Midrange was clean and sweet, vocals and strings were there and dead on right sounding. Bass defintiion was so good you could tell when the strings were plucked or hit. And drums got more impact and dynamic than I have ever heard short of a Krell FPB300 AMP Krell KRC3 Pre Krell CD player and Wilson Watt Puppy V 's. For what my system cost it rivals the Krell Watt PuppyV's system. I am planning to send My Amp To Smac audio for the Rev A Mods soon. See what changes that brings.All I can say is these cables do everything right. As far as what my system reveals there are no shortcomings.
I would not hesitate to recommend these cables to my best friends And to anyone that wants to get the most from their systems. There are no magic boxes or crossovre/filter networks or any other tuning devices hanging off these cables. Just cables that let you hear into your music and they are very involving sounding.

Wood Technology: