Signal Cable Silver Resolution Speaker Cable Speaker Cables

4.5/5 (4 Reviews)

Submitted by Bryan a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: August 30, 2012

Bottom Line:
I have full tube system. With Audio research SP16 and ARC VS110. Speakers are Legacy Audio Classics HD 93db with folded ribbon tweets. With such a forgiving system (it's tube yes, but not overly warm, as ARC are known only slightly lean toward warm), I believe I get to experiment all kinds of cable.

I have had JPS super conductor as biwire as main cable for a long time. When changed to Silver resolution, the images are more solid (even compare to JPS, which is crazy, as JPS cost like 3-5x more), highs are as good as JPS, but the low are more tight. Mid, I can't really tell, as its seductive as ever with my system.

Hope this comparison give someone a picture if they decide to try this silver cable. Now it's the reference for my tube sys.

Product model year:   2008

Submitted by K512 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: December 2, 2005

Bottom Line:
This is a follow-up to my brief review of the Silver Resolution interconnects and a "shotgun" version of the Silver Resolution speaker cables, in which I discussed both under the "Interconnect" category because this web site did not offer a separate category for the Silver Resolution speaker cables at that time.

I recently upgraded my 2-channel audio system from Simaudio Moon LE gear, to their new, reference/statement Evolution Series (Andromeda CD player; P-8 preamplifier; W-8 power amplifier). My new reference system also includes Induction Dynamics ID1 speakers, as well as Shunyata Hydra-2 and Hydra-6 power conditioners, along with a combination of Shunyata Copperhead and Diamondback power cords.

After the Simaudio Evolution Series were installed and burned-in, it was out of curiosity that I decided to audition a well broken-in pair of Analysis Plus' new Big Silver Oval Bi-Wire (shotgun) speaker cables, which are a silver-braid over copper-core design.

Compared with the shotgun version of the SignalCable Silver Resolution speaker cables, the Analysis Plus (AP) Big Silver Oval Bi-wires proved to be disappointing. The AP cables acted like tone controls which introduced bloated, muddy, exagerrated, and flabby bass, with bass overhang; as well as a sense of "congestion" and a lack of airiness, crispness, and inner detail throughout the audible frequency spectrum.

In short, the far more expensive AP cables did not sound NEUTRAL; they got in the way of the music rather than the opposite, and they marred the otherwise pristine sound of nearly $45,000.00 worth of reference-grade components.

After listening to the AP Big Silver Oval Bi-Wire speaker cables for a few days, I'd had enough. I removed the AP speaker cables, reinstalled the modestly priced SignalCable Silver Resolutions, and the sonic majesty and "rightness" of my system immediately returned. The difference was simply astonishing.

In summary, I will say that the Analysis Plus cables have excellent reputations, but at least in my reference system, their Big Silver Oval Bi-Wire speaker cables just didn't synergize with my audio system.

On the other hand, while SignalCable's very modestly priced Silver Resolution speaker cables are not "the last word" in cabling (what is?), the fact remains that at least in my reference system, they've consistently proven to be remarkably fast; transparent; detailed; quiet; well-mannered; well-balanced; uncolored; unobtrusive; highly musical and involving; and above all, very NEUTRAL.

The "high-end" audio cable market is becoming increasingly overpopulated with a dizzying array of (all too often) obscenely priced products with glitzy ads, each claiming to be the best. Yet here we have these highly musical, highly affordable, and unassuming SignalCable Silver Resolution wires, which transmit the entire audible musical spectrum with great aplomb, and they do so at "pedestrian" prices.

I will continue to be open-minded and receptive to discovering reasonably priced interconnect and speaker cables which may prove to be clearly better sounding than the Silver Resolutions, but meanwhile I'll continue to enjoy what these cables offer in spades, because at their price point they're hard to beat, in my opinion.

Purchased At:   Signalcable.com

Submitted by Bill Monaco a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: September 26, 2005

Bottom Line:
Replaced Transparent MusicWave with Signal cable's Silver Resolution speaker cableand interconnect.
It took about one song to realize that this was a much better cable.
Very open sound with excellent transient response on percussions. Both the Transparent and Signal Cable are about the same price.
Using Dynaudio 1.3MK2 with NAD Silver Series equipment. The Dynaudio's have an unforgiving midrange. As the Silver Resolution cables broke in the midrange became more smooth,open and detailed.

The Silver resolution is a great cable at a great price. The Kimber Kable Monacle XL will cost you over $1K for similar performance.

Give them time to break in , their worth it.

Purchased At:   Signal Cable

Submitted by monte a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 26, 2005

Bottom Line:
I've had this cable for a little over a month now, and the sound quality is good at best. It may require a bit more time to break-in, however, my suspicion is that this will make no difference. I am a bit disappointed as the manufacturer claims that it compares to the very best in the industry, and that it requires only 50 hours to break-in. I have compared it to PS Audio's Xtreme Plus cable and found it to have better focus and imaging in the high frequency range. Mid and bass freqs don't have as much weight compared to the Plus, yet it presented a better overall balance.

Purchased At:   SignalCable