QED Qudos Silver Speaker Cables

4.3/5 (20 Reviews)

cable constructed from silver plated copper conductors

Submitted by Chris B a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 3, 2003

Bottom Line:
While I agree this cable is very detailed and revealing on the highs, I found it way too harsh, and it literally killed my bass. I felt like it was dropping my lows a good 3db, and I thought it was just me until I tried an a/b comparison on my friends system (audioquest type 6, bryston 3b, bryston .5b, paradigm studio 60's), and sure enough it was the cable. I thought I could at least take advantage of the detailed hi's and biwire it with a copper cable (cardas twinlink I think), but it wasn't a balanced sound and was still harsh, ultimately got rid of it and using the Cardas only, much happier now.

I'd give it a 1 for value and overall, but I don't want to skew everyone elses input, and it may have it's niche. You may like it if you have a mellow system and don't care about bass. Note however I'm not a bass monster, my tastes right now are more classical (baroque esp.) than anything else.

System

Bryston 4B
Marantz SR7000 for preamp
tannoy D80's with custom cabinet, audiocap/multicap/alpha core custom xover
pioneer dvd (using marantz for d/a)

Purchased At:   3.50cdf/ft at oakvil

Submitted by eric a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 4, 2003

Bottom Line:
use rega cursa, 2 rega maia, rega planar,
martin logan sl3,
cabel sounds over all very good. Nord-ost cables gave a better soundstage (logic for that price), but qued was a bit more conductor of warmth.

Purchased At:   Holland

Submitted by crippler a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 3, 2003

Bottom Line:
They are a bargin. Worth many times the price I payed and have kept up with all my upgrades. They just perform at ver level I've been at revealing all details in each up grade. These cables are a no brainer for first time cable buyers, just get them and thank me later. The valuerecieved is unrivaled at the price.

Now know as silver aniversary.

Arcam a85 and cd 92 with red dawn interconnects

Purchased At:   norway

Submitted by William67audio a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 7, 2003

Bottom Line:
I`ve had the QED Silver Anniversary Bi-wire speaker cables for 4 months now & am happy with results. They are very revealing & you hear things that similarly priced cables don`t reveal. Their greatest strength is clarity & detail. After that I think good bass extention and soundstaging are also positives.
I paid $140 U.S. for an 11 foot pair terminated with good quality bananas. Shipping was included in that price from Ozenterprises.net in Ontario. Omer was easy to talk to, very honest & fast shipping. All my E-mails were answered in under 24 hours.

Purchased At:   OzEnterprises.net

Submitted by linnnexus a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: May 17, 2002

Bottom Line:
My system Marantz cd 17 mk11 ki
Marantz pm 17 mk11 ki
speakers pmc fb1
interconnector Ecosse MA2
First of all i am a firm beliver in the fact that speaker cable makes only small degrees of diffence to a sound, a much larger diffence can be made by a change of interconnector.
That said i tried just about every interconnector you can think of in my seach for my perfect sound , the marantz stuff above is wonderfull gear , but it was just a bit to laid back or to smooth maybe ,for my liking.So my first though was change interconnector i almost got there with qed silver spiral but found that just abit to bright.
So i ended up with the ecosse as it got me the nearest to my sound , but i was still thinking i need more excitment.
So next stop speaker cable (price no object) hehe thats not quiet true but iwas willing to go along way to get what i wanted.
So i tried cables from all the big names in a price range of £5.00 upto £35.00 per meter.
And guess what the cable that gave me everything just has i wanted was qed silver anniversary ,i bi-wired it but with single runs rather then using the bi-wire , as it suited my needs better (domestic reasons)
Punch, excitment , Deep solid bass , good sound stage and good seperation.
Ok so i found cables with bigger sound stages and a found cables with sweeter treble but what does that mean if what i heard had lost the excitment it was born with.
My conclusion is that this is a great great cable that can match anything out there. Its just a matter of weather its strenghts are suited to you tastes.

Purchased At:   audio T