QED QNECT 2 Speaker Cables

4.19/5 (27 Reviews)

Interconnect

Submitted by lesovers a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 11, 2007

Bottom Line:
The product out the box is a nice sounding cable.

Summarising:
1. Highs lack all the detail they should have.
2. Mid range is nice and sweet (too smooth for my liking)
3. Bass is thin but is well detailed
4. Overall the response is leaning toward bright

I fell the problem with this interconnect is not the cable but the connectors.
If you pull the connectors off the cable the gold part of the connector is very light weight (not great metal)

I replaced them with solid brass type and the difference is amazing. Almost all the problems have disappeared and in particular the bass is now so well defined and deep. The mids are not as sweet and much more natural.

Purchased At:   Ebay

Submitted by mogs a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 9, 2005

Bottom Line:
Nice sounding cable that has its moments but overall is nothing that exciting. The high frequencies are nicely detailed but the bass is disappointing as it doesnt go that deep.

If you listen to dance/rock/roots like I do then this is not the cable for you as the cables timing makes it sound muddled that doesnt work well for music with a heavy beat... it gets frustrating sometimes! If you want an amazing cable at a good price go for the black rhodium rhythm, I brought it after reading the reviews below and Iam am amazed.

I would say the qed2 was probably designed for classical music weres theres not much deep bass, the beat is not so important and detail is critical. So if classical music is your thing go for it.

Purchased At:   some hifi store

Submitted by Tindersticks a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 12, 2002

Bottom Line:
Ever since I replaced the Qed Qunex 2 with the Sonic Link "Whishper" (now called Black Rhodim "Rhythm") cables which I purchased from an online hi-fi store last week, I keep asking myself how on earth could I put up with the Qed's for so long........Price Paid: USD50.00 for 1.5 meter.

Purchased At:   hi-fi store in H.K.

Submitted by Archenemy a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 29, 2002

Bottom Line:
I bought these as QUNEX 2 three weeks ago from hificables.com. I'm quite happy with them. The midrange is much smoother than the Monster cable I was using. The bass isn't as impressive though: it started out a bit lumpy, but has improved over several weeks of use. Overall I'd recommend them to anyone with components with a harsh midrange, as they'd help to tame it a bit.

Submitted by majkahn a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 30, 2002

Bottom Line:
I have Qunex2 with WBT RCA jack. At the first time when I had changed from Qunex1 I felt of more bass and all round a little bit bigger. I had it for 10 days and found that I like Qunex1 more than it about transparent.

Purchased At:   local shop