Pure Silver Sound Sextet ™ Speaker Cable Speaker Cables

4.86/5 (7 Reviews)

Pure Silver Wire (pre-cut x 12 i.e. 8ft equals approx. 12 x 8ft lengths) PTFE insulation (specified Length x 12 i.e. 8ft pair equals approx. 100 ft) Cardas Spades ( Deluxe WBT style locking bananas available) Solder (Silver WBT solder)

Submitted by KrzysztofG a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: September 18, 2002

Bottom Line:
This is a review of the PSS Sextet interconnect, balanced version.

As some of previous reviewers stated one has to have a lot (!!) of patience when dealing with PSS owner.
Finally I’ve got two pairs of the above interconnects. One (1m) is connecting my modified Marantz player with Sidewinder solid-state pre-amp, the other (2.5m) – the pre-amp with solid-state 50W monoblocks.

First I should state that my equipment is not very sensitive to cable changes. It is due to the fully balanced design of the whole system from the very beginning (except that there is only one CD in the drive) up to the speaker posts on the monoblocks. Outputs have low impedance and can drive any cables with ease. It also enables cable impedance matching at the input of the next stage, effectively canceling signal reflections and additionally dumping RF and EMI noise. My previous interconnects were made by myself using Neutrik XLR connectors, Cordial Top Performance microphone cable and quality solder containing silver.

That said I must admit that I’m not disappointed with the new interconnects. At first, with zero burn-in time, the sound became very detailed, not bright or harsh but a little bit exaggerated. There was no much change in the low region at first. Than in two or three days the sound changed. It is still very detailed, but now quite smooth. Soundstage seems a little wider, although it is not a very significant change. What changed most is soundstage depth and, especially, very precise instrument and voice positioning. It is much more precise and stable than before. There is also more palpable sound aura, recognizable when listening to good recordings made in natural environment. Improvement in bass region is not big, although I would say it is now deeper than with my homemade interconnects.

There are two drawbacks I can think of. First both runs in each pair are identical. There is no color code or anything else to tell left from right. Second, since the cables are thin and fragile, there should be some strain release mechanism at the connectors.

My gear:

Marantz CD6000OSE (LCAudio upgraded)
LCAudio Sidewinder Balanced, class A pre-amp
LCAudio ZAPSolute 50mk4, class A monoblocks
ATC SCM7 minimonitors
Nordost Gold + LCAudio Teflar speaker cables (bi-wire)

I give 4 stars for Value Rating as I have to compare $560+ to aprox. $40 I paid for their predec

Purchased At:   PSS direct

Submitted by Kuan a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 22, 2001

Bottom Line:
I have PSS Sextets and PSS Quartets tying my system together. I've lived with these cables and interconnects for over two years now and I'm convinced there's no better cable out there for this price. There might not be a better cable for ANY price!

Purchased At:   Direct from PSS

Submitted by David Leeger a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: July 26, 2000

Bottom Line:
This is a review of the new Octet speaker wire terminated with cardas spades.

I have been looking to upgrade my current speaker wires, Cardas Twinlink, do to there smaller wire gauge. My system sounded very good, but I thought I could tweak a little more performance from it with a larger guage wire. I don't do anythink quickly. I get annoyed when I purchase something and I end up unhappy with it and I cannot afford to make a poor choice from a $ stand point. So for over a year I have been reading reviews, talking with varius dealers, surfing the net, and talking to friends and other audiophiles. I even emailed the manufacturers of both my amp and speakers. As most of you know, opinions on cables and thier price ranges are very broad. Plus I am not equiped to do blind A/B tests to compare them. Also my budget was very small. Ideally I wanted to stay in the $200 - $300 range, with an absolute max. of $500.

The Annalysis Plus Oval Nines kept appearing as the best value. As I was getting ready to order them, I recieved a catalog from mapleshade (excellent CD's) with there new wires and I stumpled onto the Audio Review site.

After reading many reviews on this site, (Thank you to those who took the time to write reviews), I decided to talk to Frank at Pure Silver Sound. After several emails with lots of questions, including how I could return them if unhappy, I decided to try them with the silver jumpers. Total price $461.

Incrediable! Absolutly incrediable difference in my system. The midrange and treble are life like, smooth and a joy to listen to, with no grain in the sound. Initially the bass seamed a bit lean, but the notes sounded more natural and tighter, especially kick drums. As they have broken in the bass response has continued to develope into an unbelievable full sound. The pleasure I have had listining to my system over the past few weeks is paramount to when I purchased it a few years ago and no I do not work with Frank or Pure Silver Sound, I am just extremely pleased.

I plan on upgrading my interconnects to pure silver sounds as soon as I can afford them and I certainly recomend you try these in your system. On top of it, Franks a pleasure to deal with. 5 Star rating.

Submitted by Steeve T a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 19, 2000

Bottom Line:
I finally broke down and finished out my system with silver speaker cables. I waited for Frank to come out with his Octet speaker cable. It looks cool, kind of similar to Kimber, only all silver like the 4 AG they used to make (at $125 a foot!). The sound is incredible. I recently baorrowed a set of Analysis Plus Silver Ovals, and the Octet were much better. They have a neutral top end and midrange, with excellent soundstaging and imaging. The bass is tight and full. I bought a pair of cables and a set of jumpers too (I couldn't afford the bi-wire option at this time). I can't imagine buying different cable anymore (unless I get a 2nd run). Talk about bang for the buck, a 8ft pair for $400 and change which probably sound similar to the $2000+ 4AG I see in the audioadvisor catalog.

My Equipment (pretty much done too)

Musical Fidelity X-RAY 24/96 CD Player
Musical Fidelity X-P100 Preamp
Musical Fidelity X-AS100 monoblocks
PSB Goldi speakers

Submitted by Eric a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: May 5, 2000

Bottom Line:
Originally I purchased a pair of speaker cables with silver jumpers. It sounds great, then I tried Biwiring, ( used two cables on same channel to feed same speaker Hi and Lo as instructed at WWW.Puresilversound.com ), WOW ! what a difference, I got better detail and soundstage, give it a try, now I'm ordering a second pair of speaker cables and returned the jumpers