PS Audio xStream Speaker Cables

4.2/5 (5 Reviews) MSRP : $199.00

Four models to choose from, bi-wire available, comes with spade and banana, solid core and multistrand build, soldered connections.

Submitted by mark a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 1, 2006

Bottom Line:
These make the speakers come alive.A wonderful uplift for a 3-D presentation.Much better than Audioquest.

Purchased At:   audiogon.com

Submitted by Zunter a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 9, 2005

Bottom Line:
For $330 I purchased a 3.0 M demo pair of these retiring X-stream Statement cables (B-Wire) and am very happy with them. They should hold me over until I can afford better speaker cable. I'm currently upgrading my system. There are better cables out there but not for $330.

Purchased At:   Audio Advisor

Submitted by spatchmusic a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 2, 2004

Bottom Line:
I orginally tried the top of the range bi-wire version. This was far to heavy and kept breaking at the banna plug end. I then went down to the plus version and got 2 sets so that I could bi-wire> I was licky to purchase them at a special introduction deal, so got them at ahlf price.
My last cables where Chord Pdessy bi-wires that seemed quite good. Putting in these cables seemed like a complete equipment transformation, Like a really magor upgrade. The sense Of scale that came from my speakers was truly staggering< I was amazed that speaker cables could cause such a major change

Purchased At:   Ultimate Sonics

Submitted by tennessee a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 20, 2004

Bottom Line:
Purchased a demo 7m biwire pair of ps audio statement speaker cable.Very heavy and well made cable.$2300 original price is too much for this speaker cable.$1000 I think is a better price.

Purchased At:   audioadvisor.com

Submitted by f155mph a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 18, 2004

Bottom Line:
I got the topline PS Audio xStream Statement Bi-wire 4m cables. These cable are really heavy and very well built. The diameter of the cable is 1.5" so it look very impressive. I let my system run to break-in the cable before I really tested it out. My conclusion of these cables is that they are good, but not great. They are very neutral and provide a lot of good bass. I compare them to an old set of MIT Terminator 3. While they are in different classes. The T3 wasn't that far off. I think for the money there are better cables out there. I am not bashing PS Audio stuff. Their quality is top notch, but the performance didn't justify the cost. So after a month I returned them.

Purchased At:   Audioadvisor