Nordost Black Knight Interconnect Speaker Cables

4.06/5 (16 Reviews)

I've been trying out new interconnect for a few weeks now. Mainly Tributaries SCA-300 Silver , XLO/VDO ER-5 , Nordost Solar Wind and Black Knight.

Submitted by crippler a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 10, 2003

Bottom Line:
I think this cable is fantastic with budjet equipement. I immediatly noticed clearer highs and speed to the music. I din't think they are fof a bright system.
Partner them with entry level stuff and wow you ereally hear improvements. I have upgraded to very expensive cables but still keep these guys around for secondary roles sucj as my multi disc player, tape deck, vcr. That's saying alot.
For me nordost are the best cables money can buy up to red dawn. Buy these withput reservation, improvements will be heard, great cable.

Submitted by rsmcphee a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: December 24, 2002

Bottom Line:
I bought these audio interconnect cable to replace or upgrade my systems' 5.1 wiring and replace my Monster reference grade cable. I bought these wire because they are recommended buy from the magazine What Hi-Fi. I did not really care for these much after a week of listening. Luckily, my dealer has been kind enough to allow me to replace them with Straighwire's Level 2 Chorus. Here is what I did not like about them. They are particularly bright with my system. They also added a hisssss sound to my system. This is very evident when you play Diana Krall. When she stops singing, in the background you hear hissss. I agree with some of the comments here that these are detailed,dynamic and warm sounding but in my experience, they can also add noise to your system. I could not convince myself that they were worth the $80 per 1 meter cost. I do not recommend these interconnect.

Purchased At:   Wilson's Audio

Submitted by golemsafe a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: March 26, 2002

Bottom Line:
I am furious that they do not sell these in an obtainable place in Minnesota. All the sound that is outputted from the HDTV decoder, DVD Player, and Xbox play on the stereo. Flatline speaker cables are the exact same thing as a Black knight interconnect. Electronics stores are extremely obnoxious to hide this product from consumers.

Purchased At:   VV&Sons. (UAE)

Submitted by Ben S a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: January 14, 2002

Bottom Line:
These cables are crisp and transparent but the bass is a little too light for my system. I like PBJ's better as they have punchier bass.

Submitted by TC a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: October 25, 2001

Bottom Line:
*** great vocal transparency ***
*** clean sound ***

*** Works great with my Marantz Amp, Luxman CDP and Boston Acoustic Speakers ***

Purchased At:   Mt. Pleasant Stereo, Toronto