NBS Dragon Fly Signature Speaker Cables

Submitted by justbenice a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 23, 2007

Bottom Line:
I would like to comment on "Gonzalo"'s review of Mr. Fields (NBS)and his products. I happened to be in the room when :Gonzalo" was speaking to Mr. Fields and I must say that I believe Mr "Gonzalo" that this is just a case of sour grapes on your part. You misrepresented yourself and then tried to get a substantial, ludicrous discount.

Gonzalo you are upset because you just can't afford these cables be it for your friend or perhaps for yourself. It pays to be honest and straightforward in this world and you in turn will get that back.

NBS cables are some of the best if not the best in the world and I am sorry that you cannot join the club of exclusive and t wealthy owners of NBS products.

JUST BE NICE

Submitted by Gonzalo a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: June 4, 2007

Bottom Line:
I called Mr Walter Fields today and tried to do business with him he is the owner of NBS.
After he did not reply to my e-mail requests I decided to call him, introduce myself and try to give him an order for a friend of mine in Souh America that wanted me to buy for him a couple of these cables.
Being very familiar with Cardas, Shunyata, Kimber Kable, and a few other good ones, I could benefit form listening to those cables for a couple of days and get a pretty good idea of teh quality/value, etc.
When I talk to this gentleman i get insulted, he is very rude and vulgar, very non conducive of business.

I don't know weather he is mentally ill or just plain old ignorant and brute.
Does not speak of a person that has the capability to design sonic wonders and the sensitivity to express the many musical textures that a good cable is capable of conveying, as I was sincerely hoping for.

Never was I insulted in such manner while trying to do business with a fellow American in our homeland.

I guess reviews and product quality really don't mean much if you get treated like dirt so you can spend $6 K to $9K for a few cables, it really detracts form teh whole experience.
I honestly believe that if someone comes up with teh secret of teh great american cable and add good customer service and people skils, it will be a great hit, and please call me I'm a buyer!!

Manufacturers like this can afford to exist with such attitude only because their pricing structure allows for this gentleman in aprticular to luxuriously survive a whole month just by selling 1 or 2 cables.
Paying $9K or even more for the pleasure of purchasing a wonderful product made by wonderful people wchich you even enjopy talking to, absolutely!
Now paying a brute rude ingorant that will take your $9K (not mine!!) and treat you like dirt with the attitude and content this gentleman has and call it value??
Absolutely not!
Strongly suggest to give hima call and see what kind of tretment you get for your small fortune spent and if not satisfied, take your business where you are really wanted and your money can be of blessing to many, not to a single entity that has "delusions of grandeure" .
Only in America My Firend! someone like this could last mnore than 5 minutes in business that's why I love this Country, but then "The Land of teh Free" as fee that I am I'll take my money (hard earned) where they trate me with teh most basic repsect i know I deserve and earned.

Main point: if youa re going to spend some time developing a good product you need to get paid for your R & D and taht's a fact, now when you deliver $35 worth of componebnts and materials and about $50 worth of labor and charge some $6,000 for it, you better do it with a lot of courtesy well mannered and very respecful of your customer. Otherwise you're niot even worth your weight in water . . .. or wind in this case . . .

As far as I am concerned I;ll keep my curiosity but enjoy teh reatment I get form the other good guys in the industry.
I'm sorry I really work for my money and respect myself too much to allow this.

As you read this do as you please it's your money and tehn again it's only money . . right? right!

Hope this helps a little and not let anyone disrespect you.

God Bless;

Gonzalo

Submitted by dgerik a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: January 7, 2003

Bottom Line:
Ok, but muddy bottom. Smooth presentation in mids and highs. Good image.

Submitted by Jose a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: December 5, 2001

Bottom Line:
these cables when hooked up make an immediate improvement in your stereo. it was an amazing difference when compared to the monster cables i had used previously. if you love your stereo, do it a favor and pick up some dragon flys!

Purchased At:   Audio Perfection

Submitted by Magnus a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 6, 2001

Bottom Line:
I had these between my CD player and integrated amp. for about 2 years. When I then compared them with the DHlabs the difference was fairly slight, but clearly in DH labs favor. They gave the system a somewhat more natural presentation, particularly in the bass. They also retained more low-level detail, especially in the decay of notes.

Rating may seem harsh for an IC I was happy with in my system for so long, but how high a rating could I give to a cable that is bested by a less expensive one?

System: Rega Planet CD player and Mira integrated amp.
MusicHall 2 TT w. Grado Gold cart.
Dynaudio Contour 1.3 speakers on Atacama stands.

FGH 26: