Naim Speaker cable Speaker Cables

3.94/5 (18 Reviews)

Weird stuff, but coming from Straightwire worth almost double the Naim stuff, I was pleasantly surprised to find that the salesman was NOT out of line when he said that I could expect a noticeable increase in bass control and tonality as well as an all together clearer focusing of the music. It's a bit weird, and can be difficult to live with as it is stiff (but totally andable). But, if you have Naim equipment and are hesitant about just how much difference this plain skinny cable can make, coming from a true skeptic, it honestly is worth it!

Submitted by Acer a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 12, 2005

Bottom Line:
Had the NAC A5 for a half year and it's a nice cable. It's treble and mids are mellow and a little laid back, and the bass is not as extended as i would like it to be. The NAC A5 is best suited for jazz and classical music, it doesn't like rock.

Submitted by Jasper a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: January 29, 2005

Bottom Line:
It is not all praise by me about this cable. It has been a passer-by and I was happy to say it farewell.. Might be good for some systems but in my case I think it was horrible. There are much more refined and balanced cables around, that's for sure. It just sounded horrible in my system. JPS Labs and TARA Labs worked fine for me after.

Submitted by ruhayatx a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 25, 2004

Bottom Line:
These cables are brilliant, for the money. Natural but tight sound, just the way I like it.

More importantly, it doesn't suffer from "Big Head Syndrome" - you know, that problem you get when you turn up the volume and the singer's head seems to expand accordingly until it's like you have a very big head singing in front of you.

Good match for my main system (Primare D30.2, Densen DM10 amp, Harbeth P3+Xtenders speakers). Good, not great, because I feel there is some other better cable for this system out there (maybe from the higher end Nordost?).

Purchased At:   secondhand

Submitted by Jeff a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 29, 2003

Bottom Line:
I have an Exposure xvii/xviii pre/power amp, Meridian 206 cd player, Spendor SP1 speakers.
Until now I have used Exposure speaker cable because that is strongly recommended by the company and have been satified by it, it has sounded fine.
But after some renovations I wanted to re-site my gear and needed slightly longer runs. I decided to give some other cables a go.
I was utterly gobsmacked at how much better this system sounded with NAIM cable (2x4metre runs) the whole frequency range is cleaner, faster, tactile and natural. It really transmits the MUSIC across. In retrospect the bass on the Exposure wire is rather soft and vague, it sounds far less open and transparent.
I strongly suggest giving this stuff a go it is wonderful - especially at the price.
I also tried Kimber 4ply (sounded awful!!!)QED 79 strand (vague) Monster something or other (bland) and a couple of other moderate priced cables.
(BTW I have read all the posts about "snake-oil" in respect to speaker cable and all the physicists and electricians who claim there is no electrical difference between cables but I strongly disagree. Changing cables and interconnects can make the same system sound profoundly different. NOT that the most expensive cable necessarily sounds better though. I'm certain it is extremely dependent on your other gear. The key is keep an open mind and USE YOUR EARS.)

Submitted by Steven a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 7, 2002

Bottom Line:
Music is what these cables are all about. They allow the energy and natural flow of the music through while maintaining control. I had Audioquest Midnight and was convinced they were better the first comparison, however later I felt something was still missing. The Midnights sounded better in a hifi sense (more thunder and lightning so to speak)but I felt something was still missing so I pulled the Naim cables back out of the box and gave them another go. Hmmm... music, the Naim sounded more natural and real, less hifi, less exagerated. More focus on the music and the message than the sound.

Purchased At:   Vancouver