Monster Cable Z Series - Z2 Bi-wire Speaker Cables

4.23/5 (13 Reviews)

10 ft bi wire with Monster Locks

Submitted by ken a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 9, 2013

Bottom Line:
This is a well built cables,very attractive packing with the storage cases, sonic-ally very disappointed,I bought it because I need a 10 ft bi-wire and try the time correct technology,to replace my Audioquest bedrock 8 ft,once I installed this cable,my hifi become low fi,the time correct slow down all the rhythm,one simple explain,the music is not musical,after a burn in period,no improvement,I didn't turn on my system for months,I thought I don't like music anymore.
System
Marantz SA8001
TAD tube mono blocks
Telefunken tube preamp
B&W Matrix 801 S2

Product model year:   2009

Submitted by hotroady a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 20, 2008

Bottom Line:
Assembled my ultimate bookshelf system consisting of Klispsh RB-75 frt, RB-25 side, RC-25 center. Note: stickers on speakers claim; internally wired with bandwith balanced Monster cable. I used 15 ft Z-2 bi-wired on RB-25 on ceiling corner mounts. I then proceeded to build my own, bulkier and less attractive bi-wires out of Monster wire stock. The salesman was very cooperative, and was interested in hearing the difference himself. I preferred the Z2 bi-wired RB-75 to the straight run flagship Kef floorstanders! (base not withstanding) Bi-wiring smooths and defines the midrange, brings even greater clarity to the highs, drums are deeper, they hit then stop..very impressive and tight base for 8 in woofer. I use Denon AVR 1604, 6.1, 75w rms per ch. reciever. Klipsch RW-12 sub with Monster sub cable. Optical Monster linked Sony SACD player with full anolog interconnects from AR. I never opened the throttle fully, but at 8/10ths it rocks the walls...what's absolutely great..no percievable distortion!

Purchased At:   Ultimate

Submitted by mwin35 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 22, 2006

Bottom Line:
I have had these cables for 3 years and have had them on 3 sets of speakers.
First pair klipsch rf7's Tannoy saturn s10 and Von schweikert vr2's.
They made all of these speakers soud very tight in the bass range smooth in the mids and great detail in the highs.
For the price i don't think you will do any better.
I have the 15ft pairs
The sound stage is very big and open and clean.
System.
Caver tfm45 amp.
Acurus RL11 preamp.
Denon dvd player
teac tuner.
auto switch box from niles.
Denon avr3803
Von schweikert vr2 in front for ht or 2 channel stereo wtih the carver and acurus.
Klipsch rf7's for the rear.
bic america center and sub.
Monster thx inerconnects.
Monster av800 power center.

Purchased At:   ultimateelectronics

Submitted by music_addict a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 19, 2006

Bottom Line:
I had LinnK400 bi wire hanging from my Totem Rainmakers. A friend of mine has a set of Linn speakers, so i sold him the K400 and purchased the Z2 biwires. I must say there is a definate improvement. Detail is better and soundstage defies my room! I had heard that Linn cable is only good for Linn speakers....perhaps this is true, because the monster puts it to shame! Apparently the cables will "warm up" somewhat upon usage, but I cant imagine them sounding any better. Some will say that monster is more of a marketing company, but I have Z series interconnect and now the bi-wires, and I must say I am pleased. I have a Rega planet2000 as a source, the Rainamkers, Yamaha RXV1500, and a Minivee sub from Velodyne. I want to move into a pre/power system, but al in good time. Anyway thumbs up for monster! Highly recommended.

Purchased At:   A&B Sound

Submitted by thi nguyen a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: September 8, 2002

Bottom Line:
this cable good for hometheater only. i had this since 1998 for homtheater work o.k,
yamaha. v1
toshiba. 9200
b&w. 604
but now i just build a stereo system
preamp AR. sp9 mk 2