Monster Cable THX-certified speaker cable Speaker Cables

3.56/5 (9 Reviews)

speaker cable

Submitted by Adam a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 31, 2007

Bottom Line:
You get what you pay for. I 'd say mid quality definately not the best. But for the price you can't go wrong. I also have the THX sub cable connected to my velodyne sub it sounds amazing as well.

Purchased At:   The Source

Submitted by Rick a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 27, 2003

Bottom Line:
Poor sounding cables. Monster spool cables sounds a lot better. Looks nice, but looks don't count when you are looking for a quality sounds. Monster Z series are the best buy for the money. These THX cables make music sound harsd and britter while lacking in bass

Purchased At:   Circuit City

Submitted by Montana4 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 27, 2002

Bottom Line:
Overpriced garbage. More Monster Cable hype. Only after I replaced the XP with AR Pro Series did I realize what had been missing in my sound. Now, the AR is nothing to get excited about, it simply shows me how bad Monster is. I'll be saving for some really good speaker wire now. My advice is to buy Radio Shack(minimal investment) until you can afford wire that will bring out everything your system has to offer(especially the detail). Please don't waste your money on Monster Cable products.

Purchased At:   Best Buy

Submitted by Geoff a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: August 1, 2001

Bottom Line:
Since this review category isn't 100% specific, I'll let you know the exact THX Certified Monster Cable I'm reviewing: Moster Cable Standard 16/2 THX Certified S16-2R-CL (UL-CL3 rated). This is very nice 16 guage cable I'm using from my Yamaha RX-V995 to my Definitive BP1X Bipolar Surrounds. It is spanning on both somehwere between 30 and 40 feet from receiver to speaker. No effects are missed. The highs are smooth, the midrange is clean, and the bass is powerful, even on Def Tech's "smaller" surround line. In Pro-Logic the slightest little sound can be clearly heard, and in Dolby Digital and DTS the surrounds blend in powerfully for an enveloping surround experience. I would prefer to change most of my cables to BetterCables (except these of course), but Monster sure beats that quick cheap $2 cable you'd find in Drug Stores, or Radio Shack. I'd say Monster Cable is the good intermediate level cable, but if you can find cable like this THX 16/2, or say the Monster THX M351 Subwoofer Cable, than you have some nice Audiophile Cable, since the THX Monster Cable seems to be the highest quality kind, and compares well with BetterCables. But I'd have to say for most cable types (Coax, Optical, Some Speaker Cable). Go For BetterCables (http://www.bettercables.com). But on this Monster did a good job. 5 stars. (I don't remember the price, but discounts on the Def Techs, and on these cables ended up making them, well... nearly free. But as for the going price per foot, or per spool, I don't remember).

Purchased At:   Tweeter

Submitted by charlie a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: March 11, 2001

Bottom Line:
I had a pioneer ac-3 receiver(since changed to a yamaha). My biggest problem was that I could not hear my surround speakers at all. I found this set at wards on clearance and brought them home and hooked it up and I thought I was listening to a new stereo. I had been blaming the receiver for the problem but these wiress made a big difference. I actually almost didn't buy a new receiver because of the change. I highly recommend these wires.

Purchased At:   wards