Monster Cable M500sv S-Video Cable Speaker Cables

2.18/5 (11 Reviews)

S-Video Cable

Submitted by busychild a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 12, 2002

Bottom Line:
I got this to replace a monstervideo 3 that was only 1 mtr when I moved equipment. The sv3 had a better below black but the m series is smoother. When you consider a cable purchase, I recommend that you try and borrow several sets to see which best matches your taste. I personnaly like the m series better than the sv3. My dad liked the sharp immage and below black representation. I gave him the cable to use on his system. He has a Toshiba dvd player (they are notorious for a sharpe crisp image). I am using the Sony 7000 ref dvd that has been slightly tweeked (they are know for having a more life like image vise the Toshiba's cinema style image). When stting up the picture in THX set up mode, this cable was able to accurately transfer the data image to the TV. In my set-up, the S-video has to make a sharp 90 deg bend. This cable was able to handle w/no noticable or transferable image degridation. As I have said before, just becuase I had a good experience you will too. Get out there and try them out. Please remember that cables need break in time. Just because you see nothing now does not mean that is what you will see down the road. Demo used cables!! good luck.

Purchased At:   on line

Submitted by Mark Bochan a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: January 21, 2001

Bottom Line:
Horrible cable. No difference than "el cheapo" and now snapped off at the connector!!!. They should be ashamed of selling such an over-rated POS.

Purchased At:   ovation

Submitted by DaleB a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: September 28, 2000

Bottom Line:
In some locations the weight of this cable tends to pull the ends out of their sockets.
I thought is was mediocre until I bought a Liberty S-400 from onecall.com then I realized the Monster was just plain lousy.
Picture actually looks better with the Liberty ($27) also. Maybe because it makes a more secure connection.

Purchased At:   Fry's electronics

Submitted by Anthony Pierre a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: May 23, 2000

Bottom Line:
I bought this cable relatively cheap. I thought that there might be an improvement in the SVideo over the "golden end" Radio Shack SVideo cable. After comparing the 2, there was no difference that I could see. I even tried it with my NLE, and noticed no difference. Save the money and head to Radio Shack or used the usually supplied cable.

Submitted by mark a

Date Reviewed: March 9, 2000

Bottom Line:
I bought this to hook up a new dvd player. I saw a slight gain from this vs the cable that came in the box. After 3 wks. the picture went to black wavey lines. Fearing the woarst, I swithched to a Straight Wire silver cable. Picture came back and color improved slightly. This was my last Monster purchase and I am returning now.

Wood Technology: