Monster Cable M351 Cable Speaker Cables

4.92/5 (12 Reviews)

Submitted by Jimmydaves a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 29, 2002

Bottom Line:
I really think these are great cables for the money, however compared to what you can get for the same price or higher, they are lacking in the midrange and treble. These cables have a very nice bass to them, but the midrange and treble seem to be recessed too much and the bass seems overly generous. So to me, these cables were not tonally balanced from top to bottom. However, for their price and what most people will use them for, they represent a good deal.

You can find these used at a greatly reduced price all over, so if you want to go the inexpensive route, then this is a great option. However, if you're looking for a better cable, then the cables listed below will give you a great deal more quality for not that big an increase in price.

I also think Monster cable has made better cables than this in the past, some of which I still own.

Purchased At:   Ebay

Submitted by Bobby a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: May 1, 2002

Bottom Line:
WOW! I can't believe how much the cable has helped my budget surround system! The bass is so much tighter and not boomy sounding at all. I used an ordinary RCA cable for my line in input on my sub, but now with the M351, it sounds sooo much better. I never had any idea how much cables mattered, but now I know.

Purchased At:   My friend

Submitted by Len Goff a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 23, 2001

Bottom Line:
I read about the M351 on this site. They got great reviews from everybody, so I thought I'd give them a try. I am continually blown away by how tight and realistic they are. I've recommened them to several of my friends and they've improved their systems too.

I was going to "upgrade" my subwoofer before trying the M351. Now I love my same old subwoofer because it's no longer "mushy" sounding.

They do a nice job on the Vertical Limit DVD!!!

Submitted by Gene a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 3, 2001

Bottom Line:
This cable really works. I have wired my Velodyne VA-1012X II subwoofer 4 different ways:

- speaker wire
- patch cord interconnect
- basic Monster Cable interconnect
- this cable

Each way has been progressively better, bass response has been fuller and more powerful.

You may not need a new subwoofer, try this cable first. Also, when connecting for the first time, turn down your subwoofer to compensate for the increased output.

Purchased At:   Harvey Electronics

Submitted by Jeffrey Chin a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 9, 2001

Bottom Line:
NO COMPLAINTS. BASS IS TIGHT.
Using btwn HSU VTF-2 sub & Nak AV-10 Receiver

It's no wonder why this cable gets 5/5!!!

Purchased At:   the video doctor