Monster Cable M350i Speaker Cables

3.5/5 (4 Reviews)

Submitted by Drew a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 19, 2002

Bottom Line:
Until now I didn't think interconnect cable was important. I replaced all my cheap cables with 350i. I discovered stereo separation again! I can now enjoy the RIAA curve at flat EQ settings. The bass has a rich sound. The highs cut through nicely.

Purchased At:   Tweeter

Submitted by out2sea a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 4, 2002

Bottom Line:
This is an adequate interconnect. It's well made and appears to be of good quality. However, at a retail price of $40 (1 meter), I expected a really substantial difference in sound quality between this Monster cable and the throwaway interconnect that came with my Denon DVM 3700. The Monster cable delivered a slightly heightened volume, with a somewhat improved midrange clarity, but the difference between the two cables was truly underwhelming. I'm sure the Monster interconnect has superior shielding and materials, but over a short run, the incremental improvement was negligible -- not nearly enough bang for the buck.

Purchased At:   avshopper.com

Submitted by Kai a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 12, 2000

Bottom Line:
if you have a bright sounding CD player these might just do the trick, but don't try to hook 'em up with something more smooth.
I once plugged these into my turntable and they ruined the whole musical experience!!! Way too dark sounding and lacking in musicality.
Audition these before buying, they might not suit your taste. And besides, there are better cables out there at a cheaper price.

Submitted by Keith a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 19, 1998

Bottom Line:
These interconnects are the budget interconnects of the Monster Line, and was actually recommended to me in a hifi dealer which chose them over Kimbers, AQ's, and Taralabs (the shop mainly uses Cardas). The M350i's seemed quite neutral when I first used them, and I compared them to Tara Labs Quantum 66's, Kimber PBJ's, and some Tributaries. Please look under those products for a comparison with the Monsters.
One final note: I feel like these cables, although sufficient for entry-levels, are not as good as some other cables for the same price. I'd highly recommend auditioning other cables before putting down $$ for this one unless there are no other i/c's available.

SFLAT: