Monster Cable M1000V Silver Video S-VHS Cable. Speaker Cables

4.29/5 (7 Reviews)

4M (13.1ft) Silver Video Interconnect Cable for Precision Videophile Performance

Submitted by Russell Ruggiero a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: March 31, 2001

Bottom Line:

Dear

Reader

M 1000v is another super product from Monster Cable. Mr.Lee has done it again. This product is a great improvement over copper offerings in this space, and at $70.00 a pair, they are a true value.

My Sony WEGA KV32FS12 works well with M 1000v, and also with their M 350i audio cables.

In a nutshell, a great value from Monster Cable in this space.

Purchased At:   Tweeter

Submitted by Zheng a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 15, 2000

Bottom Line:
My Canon camcorder battery recharger (1.5m away from DVD player) can interfer video very badly!

Submitted by Hunter a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 19, 1999

Bottom Line:
Overall a great product. Have had no probles with any of my monster cable wires. Just recentally switched from regular monster cables to the M series. Huge improvement. The picture is shape and crisp. The build quility is great, just watch out with the connectors. If you pull to hard you may damage your unit.

Submitted by Raymond Tan a a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: June 22, 1999

Bottom Line:
The M1000V Silver Video S-VHS Cable certainly improved the picture resolution between my Philips 840 DVD player and my Thomson 46-inch projection TV (100 Hz). I used a cheap RCA cable before that and the picture was grainy and harsh. With the monster resolution improved immediately. Picture noise was 95% eradicated. ( I had wanted to change my RF cable as the next alternative if the picture noise was still there, but the improvement in image from the Monster S-VHS meant I didn't have to bother)What a relief! At this point, the money spent was just worth it.
However, I tried hooking up the TV and DVD player with a cheaper Japanese brand (Taiyo) S-VHS cable that cost one third the price of the M1000V S-VHS Cable. What's surprising was that the picture resolution was almost equal.
On the Taiyo (bought it from a cheap neighbourhood video store), colours were warmer and more vivid than the M1000V, however the latter offered finer resolution and a sharper image, although there was some loss of colour detail. I'd rank both equally.
Makes you think. Do you pay premium for a Monster or get something less expensive. I think the best you could do, if possible, is to compare a few S-video cables. Try the Monster S-VHS on your TV before buying. Be absolutely certain.
I am going to test out a Straightwire S-Video next. See if it beats the Monster and Taiyo.

Duration Product Used:   a Casual Listener

Submitted by Sean a an Audiophile

Date Reviewed: May 17, 1999

Bottom Line:
Well I am not sure how much the cable costs exactly because it was a Christmas gift but I am told that it was around $70. Well let me tell you that I have all monster video cable on my system and I couldn't be more pleased with it. Actually I have around $300 dollars worth of cable including speaker wire. Well the setup of my system is not important except from my DVD player to my TV. I have a S-Video cable that runs from my DVD directly to my TV and a composite video cable that runs from my DVD to my receiver and from the monitor out to my TV. Well I have to say that the difference is huge. I have to take into account that there will be some break up of my composite video because it is running into my TV but not enough to make a difference like I have seen.
When I was watching Dances with Wolves on DVD the other day I was super impressed with the THX certified sound and picture. Well the movie was finally over and the credits were rolling and I switched the TV from the S-video input to the input coming from my receiver. WOW the difference was amazing. I almost couldn't read the credits any more(a slight exageration). The dot crawl was terrible. Might I remind you that I have all heavy guage monster cable and the breakup was that bad. Well I can't swear by the monster cable with out giving others a fair shot but I must swear by the S-Video cable. It is a must for anyone that is a fan of quality HIFI equipment and don't be afraid to pay the extra money. They say that 10% of your systems cost should be on cables!!!

Duration Product Used:   an Audiophile