Monster Cable M1000SV S-VIDEO Speaker Cables

3.9/5 (10 Reviews)

Submitted by Azeke a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 15, 2003

Bottom Line:
Purchased the second M1000, after using the first connection for my LCD projector to the receiver, I then connected the second M1000 to the Direct TV Box (also coming through my reciever), and I could see a significant difference. The picture was much sharper and colors were more vibrant (I was using Monster S-Video 3). I had also heard that this cable is the only S-video cable rated via Scientific testing (forgot the specifics)for negative signal loss, including long runs (LCD projector run is 26 feet). I highly recommend this cable without reservation.

Purchased At:   Myer-Emco

Submitted by samuel r a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 30, 2001

Bottom Line:
flimsy pins? man, i guess high-tech stuff isn't good in low-tech hands. how do you bend an s-cable pin? i guess by trying to force it in without alignment. anyway, this cable is solid and worth every cent. i noticed a BIG difference in picture quality. almost like people are outlined, its that good. well, wouldn't buy any other product. i now own 4 of these cables. 3 from components to receiver and 1 from receiver to tv. xbox, dvd, dss to receiver.

Purchased At:   tweeter etc.

Submitted by Simon S. a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: September 26, 2001

Bottom Line:
I use this cable because my Philips widescreen tv doesnt support rgb.
I always used Monster cable and was very satisfied with its performance. I wanted a very a good sv-cable and asked the retailer if I could try a couple of cables. The monster immediatly catched my eye because of its strong construction(you must be a retard if you can bend those pins, just read the reviews above).
I was very satisfied with the perfomance, good colours and great clearity also I noticed detail improvement.
This is another great cable from Monster and I know I will use it untill I will lay my hands on a CRT.
Untill then I will enjoy this cable.

Equipment used:
Pioneer dv-737
Yamaha dsp-a2
Philips 28pw9596

Purchased At:   Rodisc

Submitted by John a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 25, 2001

Bottom Line:
I hate s-video as a connection. With my equipment, I cannot always get good access when changing cables, and with the stupid pin configurations of s connectors, if you do not put them in perfectly, the pins are susceptible to getting wrecked. It's happened before with a close out Audioquest cable, and with 2!! of the Monster M1000's. At $80 a pop, the Monsters are not cheap. Not to pick on Monster, but it will be a long time before I buy a monster cable again.

Submitted by Andrew a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 10, 2001

Bottom Line:
My experience with most monster products has not been favorable. On a positive note I can say that this cable has not fallen appart like my monster optical cable. The colors from this cable are terrible, there is notable distortion. For only $15 I replaced the cable with an Acoustic Research cable and got much better results, I'm considering upgrading to the "Straight Wire Silver S S-Video Cable" since the review have been very positive.

In conclusion, this mass produced over priced cable is a piece of junk. Hopefully, I can return it for credit at my audio dealer.

Purchased At:   Stereo Exchange