Monster Cable M1.4 Biwire Speaker Cables

4.36/5 (14 Reviews)

12-Gauge.

Submitted by C L a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: April 15, 2002

Bottom Line:
For the price I got this for, this is the best inverestment. Best biwire cable for $150. Get it if you can for around $150, it's the best deal for a $250 cable.

Purchased At:   eBay

Submitted by Riaan Rankin a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: August 30, 2001

Bottom Line:
It would be unfair to compare the M1.4's to the Cable Talk Talk 3.1, due to the substantial capital cost difference. The difference is however vast, and actually points to my own stupidity to run 'budget cable' on my one system.

My bedroom system consists of Sonus Faber Concerto's, Marantz PM-17 integrated amp and Marantz CD63 KI CD player. A very good system indeed for the money, but the last but of audiophile integrity missed on it with the Talk 3.1's. Sure , most audiophiles would certainly critisize me for using the Talk 3.1 on the system, but I never thought the changeover to M1.4 Monster would make such a big difference. My smaller system, as mentioned above, actually threatens my bigger system (Marantz, Wilson Benesch)when it comes to musicality now. Everything is better, it is not necessary for me to go into the detail. This however brings me to the point where I have to wonder about the two negative interviews submitted here. Problems with dealers/distributors maybe reflected in your point of view ????.

There is most certainly nothing wrong with M1.4 cable, I will recommend it without reservation to anyone out there in the midprize market segment. The changeover to M1.4 in my bedroom system made it sound like I made a major electronics upgrade.
Last but not least, the HFX systems dealers in Alberton, (Also the importers of Monster/Marantz etc) are excellent, and I would recommend to anyone in South Africa to go and listen to their recommendations, you won't go wrong there !!

Regards

Purchased At:   HFX South Africa

Submitted by Thinh a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 18, 2001

Bottom Line:
With the thrashing of our dot com company, I had some extra time at home checking out Ebay and sniped someone for this cable. Once put in place, I was amazed at how this cable improve my system. All of the sudden, my KEF RDM One sounded like a completely different speaker. It started chucking out bass that I never knew it could do. The mid had a nice smooth almost a little laid back character, and the high was detail and clean without the harshness. Overall, it better my Nordost flatline gold in every way. I'm now a firm believer in speaker cable upgrade. Five stars.

Purchased At:   Ebay

Submitted by Dan a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 30, 2001

Bottom Line:
seems to me a cleaner sound overall, alltho the monster cable 12 gauge zip cord i used for yrs. worked fine. havn't
had enough time to really sit down and critique' but i did
notice a sort of general or overall sound cleanup, the low end has increased somewhat but not dramatic as others might
say,but it is MORE, the bi-wire i'm assuming made the an
improvement there i believe. i run 2 adcom 555II amps in the bridged mode which is about 800 watts per channel into
4 ohms. my speakers are B&W 640i's. the sound the system creates is just awesome.i can only hope that these will improve the sound a little and to me that would be a feat in itself. will give a more detaled analysis soon. but for
125 bucks it was a deal to hard to pass up just on the mere
asthetics of the cable alone.

Purchased At:   Sound Advice

Submitted by Michael a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 25, 2001

Bottom Line:
Well, I have reviewed the concept of high end wires for about a year now. What I find interesting is that only the manufacturers really recommomend anything beyond lamp cord -no suprise, eh? One distributor of a high end cable actually said that there is no difference between cheap and high end, and that I would not hear a difference - and since he was a limited distributor, this says much!! But, he did say that I would convince myself that they did sound better, after spending a couple of hundred bucks. Gee, what a recommendation. (3) suppliers I contacted said there is no benifit to high ends. And, one Theater Hi-fi book all but trashed any cable beyond lamp cord - saying that all this cable hype is proven zilch.

Now, high ends do offer some advantages. (1) they are othen shielded (this product - I don't know), so as to screen out electrics from other wires. (2) they eliminate the potential problem of stray wire strands crossing between contact points, which would cause major damage to the amp. And (3), their gold, sealed ends should keep corrosion to a minimum.

So, why did I buy these? Well for the reasons in the last paragraph and because for $200, wanted to make sure I was missing nothing. After all, for bywires, this price is pretty reasonble.

Have just installed, and they seem fine, better than the old Radioshacks - hmmmm, not sure yet. So, I will burn these guys in (which all that I have read is a total joke) and give a review soon. If you have any feedback, please email me at skyhawk182@aol.com

Value rating is based on construction and relative cost.

Purchased At:   cablesandsuch.com