Monster Cable Interlink Lightspeed 100 Speaker Cables

3.71/5 (17 Reviews)

TOS-link optical cable

Submitted by Matias Reccius a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: August 5, 2008

Bottom Line:
This is a very cheap platic feeling optic cable. Soundwise, it is inferior to my SPDIF coaxial cable. If you are serious about music, don't waste your time. Sure, it does work and differences for normal people using normal audio systems or even high-end home theaters is meaningles. But if you are going hi-fi, you will sense the focus a lot blurred compared to SPDIF. I mean, I was listening Shirley Horn's Yesterday with my mom (60 years old) and I sais 'See if something happens' and she nailed it 'Her voice is more diffuse'. I wasn't expecting that from her, but there you go.

Purchased At:   used

Submitted by B Lantto a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 13, 2003

Bottom Line:
Absolute Garbage. Radioshacks' new line of Fusion cables has an optical cable for the same price and it totally destroys this cable in sound quality. Don't believe me pick one up and compare, you will throw this waste of money right in the trash. I hooked up the RS and could not believe my ears, I was going to buy a new preamp....I will keep the Parasound.

Purchased At:   Circuit City

Submitted by soundguy a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: August 30, 2002

Bottom Line:
Although the price was relatively the same I bought this cable over Digital Coax as I was told Fiber-optic would not pick up interference like Digital Coax may. The Monster Lightspeed100 connects my JVC XVFA95 Progessive scan DVD player to my Pioneer VSXD810S A/V rcvr. The opinion that weighed heaviest in my decision to buy this cable is the fact that fiber-optics is used in Medical surgery to Billion dollar tele-communication co's (ATT/Sprint). That in mind, I thought Lightspeed100 Fiber-optic would be a good choice in my HT system. It is Digital and I firmly believe the sound is crisp and clear as well as detailed. I really haven't noticed the subtle differences (if any) between Acoustic Research, Monster RCA cables and the Monster Lightspeed but was resolve in setting up my system w/ high quality, up-to-date Monster products and gave the Lightspeed100 the benefit of any doubt. I am anal about sound from my HT system and obsess about ANYTHING that I believe performs less than perfect but so far I cannot complain about the performance and am happy w/ the Lightspeed100 cable. AS far as price goes, experience tells me you get what you pay for...$40 isn't bad for piece of mind in knowing I bought the best piece for my system.

Purchased At:   Best Buy

Submitted by Sanlyn a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: August 29, 2002

Bottom Line:
I read all of the reviews here, found several raves (and a few zingers), and said what the heck, try them at $40. When I see rave reviews for the current crop of Monster products, I keep asking myself WHAT are these people hearing (I get no answer, of course). I hooked this Tos between a Denon DCD-1650AR and a well-burned-in MSB Link DAC III. Adcom GTP-400 preamp and Adcom GFP-565 preamps, Dyanco A410 amp, AR-ES1 table, vintage Monster Reference A and M1000 (original) interconnects, Grado SR-225 and SR-60 phones, B&W A302 satellites, PSB SubZero subwoofer, Monster PowerLine2 cables, Kimber Illumini DV-75 coax digital between CD and DAC. The Monster Tos was used in place of the DV-75. Imagine a nice, bright, detailed oil painting of a park scene with many people, trees, flowers, etc. The painting is behind plate glass. First, cover the glass with an even coating of Vaseline; make it nice and fuzzy-hazy. Next, dim all the lights in the room. Then take a rubber eraser and start erasing the edges of the objects in the painting (you are allowed to completely erase any number of smaller objects that you wish). Then spray the whole thing with a dull glaze to mute the colors. That's what this cable "sounds" like after 240 hours of burn-in (or 10 days of use, 24/7). I removed the cable, replaced the DV-75, and threw the Monster away. No reason why a $6000 stereo should sound as if cost $199.95.

Purchased At:   The Wiz, NYC

Submitted by neil hudson a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 24, 2001

Bottom Line:
was using an AR 15.00 cable--since i have monster cable thruout my system i bought this cable on ebay new 1m for 24.00 with shipping--no diff over the AR in a-b lol we talking bits and bytes here--NOT analog--i did hear diff in monster on my cd when analog and on my speakers--but none on the tos over the AR--if anyone here hears a diff then they are blessed lolollo and in the wrong business what ever it is

Award-Winning Axiom: