Monster Cable Interlink Datalink 100 Speaker Cables

3.55/5 (11 Reviews) MSRP : $39.00

High Resolution Digital Coaxial Interconnect with Heavy-Duty Double Shielding for more accurate digital audio signal transfer

Submitted by dmx a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: September 30, 2003

Bottom Line:
Before burn in the cable was bloated in the low end and grainy in the high end. After about 60hrs of burn in the bloat was toned down and the highs were much much smoother. Ultimatly I replaced it with the M1000d, for an extra $20 it was worth it, the bass tightened up pretty dramatically, instruments became more outlined (seperated).

Purchased At:   Harveys

Submitted by chinoloco a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 9, 2003

Bottom Line:
Absolute Crap.
You can get Best Buy AR digital coaxial and get the same sound. I decided to go with Monster Cable for all my speakers and interconnects. I was seriously dissappointed when the datalink 100 didn't sound any better then the Cheap AR from Best Buy.
Having said that, I returned these. Still looking for a good cable, i went with Radio Shack Fusion AV line. Now.. for $15.00 cheaper, you just get superior perfomance. Sorry monster, most of your stuff is good, but after a while I am really questioning your prices

Purchased At:   Good Guys

Submitted by odor007 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 28, 2002

Bottom Line:
Well, I just got a pretty good stereo system, and bought this cable, and can't tell a bit of difference. Nothing sounds changed to me. u

Purchased At:   www.800.com

Submitted by Sid a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 8, 2001

Bottom Line:
Was using a Monster optical cable, but due to a system reconfig I needed a longer cable. The Monster rep was in the store and recommended coax over optical, stating that optical is prone to failure and that the connectors fall out (maybe he was talking about Monsters specific cable I'm not sure). Anyway I purchased the 2M coax.

No question about it, both my wife and I noticed a definite improvement in the sound, mostly in the high end frequencies, cymbals just started to sound like they should, and overall I think the entire system sounded better.

We listend to music and watched a movie and we both agreed this cable made a difference. Now is it because I moved from optical to coax? I'm not sure but I will tell you that I will never use optical if I have a choice.

Purchased At:   Bay Bloor

Submitted by Paul a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: September 5, 2001

Bottom Line:
This was the first coaxial cable I have purchased for my system. I am very pleased with it, though like everyone else I am not fond of Monster's pricing. Overall this cable delivers all that I expected of it. As does all the other Monster products I own.

Purchased At:   Cambridge SoundWorks