Monster Cable HTS-2000 Power Conditioner Speaker Cables

4.04/5 (28 Reviews)

Power Conditioner

Submitted by Krellian a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: February 18, 2005

Bottom Line:
This review is for the Monster HTS2000 MKII. I don't normally post reviews, but this product deserves my time and effort. I have been trying to refine the audio quality of my system over the past eight years, lastly adding the awesome Krell KAV500 five channel amp over 3 years ago. The sound was very good for both music and movies. I read the reviews posted here before purchasing, and was almost hesitant to spend the cash because of the negative comments. I don't know if maybe the quality of my electric circuit was far worse than theirs, or if they just don't know how to listen, but when I connected this conditioner, a whole new world opened up. The sound difference is downright amazing, letting my KAV500 shine. The soundstage opened up tremendously, the bass got deeper and much more articulated, and the mids and highs are more crisp and airy also. Two channel direct mode really opens up now, making friends think the surrounds are on. When playing Dolby Digital or DTS sources, the surrounds really come to life and show a lot more dynamics than before.

Purchased At:   Sunshine electronics

Submitted by anwill a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 30, 2003

Bottom Line:
After reading review after review I decided to purchase the HTS 2000 for myself. What I have discovered is this. They are not all the same. I purchased my first HTS 2000 at Cambridge Soundworks for $200 to try it out for a week. It did everything it promised: cleaning out the background and tightening the sound. So I returned it and bought another one on Ebay. This second one however sucked all the life out of my machines. I tried it using different plugs to different outlets, switched or unswitched. I just didn't want to spend $300-1000 for a good conditioner because I might as well upgrade my speakers with that much money. I finally settled on plugging everything except my Marantz DV8300. The result is half and half. It cleans out the sound WITHOUT totally sucking the highs and totally booming up the bass. I hope some of you who are not satisfied with this conditioner to try it. If you have the money, get a PS Audio or something like that.

Purchased At:   Ebay

Submitted by kenjen a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 24, 2003

Bottom Line:
I felt motivated to write this review because I simply do not agree with some of the harsher comments concerning the HTS-2000. I have replaced many a interconnect, tirelessly repositioned speakers and optimized my system to draw out the best it has to offer, but no one improvement in my system has cost so little and increased the performance so much. I have noticed a all around improvement in audio and video performance.

Audio wise I have noticed that by CD playback is clearer and more open. It is interesting to notice details that previous disappeared into the noise of the background. Playback of my run-of-the-mill Toshiba DVD player has increased so much that I have decided not purchase an upgrade. Watching DVDs that I seen many times over has been like watching a new movie (sorry for the cliché). I am amazed at the details that were previously missing, especially spatial improvements. Not to be too generic, but I have noticed a overall increase in audio output.

The improvement in video has been in the area of a sharpened and crisper picture.

I stand amazed at this product, particulary the price. I was prepared to pay much more for the improvements that I have noticed, but why? I am truly satisified with my system.

Thanks Monster for bringing the beauty of "Clean Power" to the masses.

Equipment Summary:
Monster Video-3 Component Cables

Purchased At:   Fry's

Submitted by Maxxwire a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 31, 2002

Bottom Line:
After noticing absolutley no difference between using this product and not, I borrowed my friend's Audio Prism A.C. line sniffer to check it out. The reading I got at the wall and out of each of the outlets on the HTS 2000 "line conditioner" were exactly the same. Whatever this unit does, it does at an unmeasurable level. Overall I would recomend it as a very expensive power strip.

Purchased At:   Fred''''s Sound of M

Submitted by Mike a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: January 24, 2002

Bottom Line:
To be quite honest I notice no real difference in anything. I have a RCA F38310 HDTV and was hoping to see a big defference in picture quality but see absolutley none. I also have a Toshiba SD9200 DVD player and notice no difference in picture quality with that either. As for 5.1 setup unfortunatly I have a Bose lifestyle 12 (I bought this 4 years ago if I was buying now I would not even look at bose, although it's better than most all in one box units) the sound is exactly the same from what I hear.

Purchased At:   power systems