Monster Cable Banana Tips Speaker Cables

3.5/5 (2 Reviews)

Submitted by Mark Morrow a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 20, 2001

Bottom Line:
All in all a great product. They do exactly what Monster Cable says they should do. Do I notice an improvement in my audio system? Not really, but it is now easier to unplug and reconnect my speaker cables. I also like the fact that these terminals are reusable. So for the price, I think it's a decent deal.

Purchased At:   Crutchfield.com

Submitted by Eric Meyer a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 15, 2000

Bottom Line:
i originally bought these to put on the end of my 14 gauge copper speaker wire and found out that the "twist-and-crimp" banana plug terminations could not be used with wire that large. i use 16 gauge going to my rear speakers (infinity qps-10), and these worked like a champ on those. the twisting system holds on to the wire well and doesn't pull off if you tug on the wire. unfortunately, i haven't noticed any audible difference by using these plugs, but i mainly bought these so i could unplug speakers a little more easily when i am cleaning or moving my speakers. all in all, these are fairly expensive for what you get; i paid $15.99 for four of them (enough to do both ends of one length of speaker wire), meaning that if you wanted to do a pair of mains, a center channel, and a pair of rears, you'd be looking at $80 or so without seeing a lot of sound improvement. i do know that monster makes banana plugs for larger gauge wire for about the same price, so maybe i'll try those out for my mains and center.