MIT Cables TMAX Super Speaker Cable Kit Speaker Cables

Submitted by James1 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 5, 2002

Bottom Line:
I was installing in-wall speakers(Niles HD8s) and needed cabling. My receiver (a Marantz SR-8000) has multi-room line level out so I needed about 30 ft of RCA cable to run from the receiver to the secondary amp (an old Carver TFM-15) and then another 30 ft of speaker cable to go from there to the speakers.

After alot of research and panic about what the cables were going to cost, I went with the MIT OneWire system. It is increadible. Runnning the double shielded coax was easy because it had no terminations on it. Once everything was in place I added the F-connectors to the coax. Then screw on the MIT TMax connectors. The TMax connectors are directional so make sure you have the right ones on the right ends. Finally, screw on the appropriate terminator (banana, spade...), hook up your equipment, and fire it up.

Now the sound can be described in one word, incredible. I don't have any fancy test equipment to tell you exactly what is better but I can't imagine it getting much better.

The music is being reproduced crystal clear, clean, no noise whatsoever. Great treble, good bass (remember, in-wall speakers and no pre-amp).

I've compared my Niles in-walls to my Klipsch RF-3s with the receiver set to direct mode and have been very happy with the results.

I highly recommend this cable system.

Now, I want to move my reciever to the back of my main room and will look to use TMax OneWire to bi-wire my fronts and center. This will shorten my 30ft RCAs to about 3ft. I will be able to reuse the coax without feeling like I dropped a ton of money on 30ft interconnects that I no longer need. I can turn them into speaker cable, or digital cable, or satelite feeds, or...

Purchased At:   smarthome.com

Submitted by jckrhodes a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: March 12, 2002

Bottom Line:
This Stuff is the best deal and the best kept secret in the cable industy.

I increased my frequency response by an average of 1.5 dB with a total system frequency gain of around 47dB. If you do the math (for ever 3dB the power output is double) that means on average I have a gain of 50% power transfer at all. frequencies. And that's just with these cables. I have better channel seperation, imaging ant my listening floor has increased about 20dB. That may not seem like much but I have an integrated receiver with a power rating of 85 WPC RMS. So every watt I can squeeze out is precious.

The sound is awesome. I can get full frequency response all the way down to about -72dB on the volume dial. These cable ends use regular quad shielded cable. For those of you not familiar with Coax it has great band with. I use CM3 THX certified version in my system. Whats great is that just by swithing the ends on the f-connectors you can use these for interconnects and speaker cables.

I would chakkenge anyone to do a side by side comparison with your ears and an SPL meter and I think you will be able to document an increase in system response. MIT's own white papers about TMAX say that these cables compare to a $1500/8 ft. section of the Very high end stuff. I would says that based on my experience they are right.

By the way for those of you who have the Monster cable stuff listed below. Those cables are older technology that MIT licensed to Monster Cable.

Purchased At:   Sound Decision

Submitted by jckrhodes a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: March 3, 2002

Bottom Line:
Sonic Gain averaged 1.5dB per frequency with total system response
a gain of just over 47dB 20-20k. Extremes (above 10kHz and below
120Hz realized the largest gains in sound transmission, being
anywhere from 3 to 14 dB with the largest gains at the bass end.
For those of you who don't already know this the above figures mean that
I was able to get anywhere from 2 to 48 times as much sound to my
speakers without having to upgrade my amp or speakers.

My noise floor system wide dropped by 20 dB+ once I recabled my entire sytem with
TMAX. TMAX makes interchangable ends so you can use regular
Coax for interconnects as well as speaker cables.
With the same sonic characteristics as a $1500 8 ft. section of the expensive
"Audiophile grade" cables but at a fraction of the price you cannot beat this
deal. I recabled my entire home theater system for about $730 US. Try doing that
with anything other than Monster Cable (any version). I compared Monster Cable
MCX-2 series with this stuff and using my SPL meter I found TMAX
to be superior by about 22 dB per 20-20k. PS - Monster cables most
recent stuff is made using MIT cable technology.

Purchased At:   Sound Decision