MIT Cables Terminator 6 speaker cable Speaker Cables

Single wire speaker cable with MIT's patented INCON connectors

Submitted by Per Ivar a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 29, 2001

Bottom Line:
My hifi system is as following a Sony CDP-XB930 connected to my Audiolab8000A with Monster Interlink400mkII and Miterminator6 with bananas in both ends to my Athena S2/P2 speakers.
I tryed out MITerminator4 signal cables on this system but it becom to dark an blury for one or another reason. So the monster is better in this system as an signal cable.
This MITerminator6 speaker cables look very high end and is a impressor factor if I can use a word like this. And It does not hurt that they actually do what the advertise say!
I have to say that they need a break in period, but this is only pleasureable, because you can hear that they get better day by day!

Purchased At:   Trysil Elektroservice

Submitted by Glen Schade a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 12, 2001

Bottom Line:
I bought these cables in a moment of total insanity (since i shouldn't really have spent that much on cables), and since my hifi isn't exactly hi-end i wasn't sure it would really make such a massive difference.
Seems i was wrong though ;)
The cables gave me a bigger more open sound field, and gave life to details i had never even known was there before (like the sound of guitar strings vibrating against the frets on some tracks), most of which are very subtle, but they never were there before.
All over i think the sound with these cables are very good, but because of the price i can't give them a perfect value rating.

My system:
MITerminator 6 Speaker cables

Purchased At:   local hifi store

Submitted by Rick M. a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 30, 2000

Bottom Line:
I'd like to beleive that this cable brought my systems sound to higher levels, but truth is I can't say for shure that it's any better than standard wire. To truly conclude a difference in sound I would have to connect the MIT cable and the stranded stuff simultaneously to my speakers and do an A/B listening test (which I've never done). IMO Most of the satisfaction derived from this (or any) "high end" cable is the psychological feeling that your getting better signal transfer. Looking at these cables makes me feel like more of an audiophile. Is that worth $75? I own the stuff so I guess it is.
The reason I chose MIT over Audioquest, Tara labs, etc. is their patented INCON end connectors. The cable is terminated at the ends with a threaded post. You purchase a little zip lock bag separatley from the cables with 4 threaded terminations based on your equipment. For example my amp does not accept spades or bananas, so on the amp end of the cable I use an end connection of gold plated copper stranded wire (sometimes called a pigtail). My speakers accept spades so on that end I screw on spade terminations. If I ever buy another amp that accepts spades, I simply buy a new set of end terminationsa and replace the pigtail with the spade. No need to buy new cable or cut and crimp new terminations. Nice feature to me.
Note: The braided INCON pigtails on the amp end are a bit flimsy and not up to par with the quality of the rest of MIT's products. Mine are already starting to fray and I think they cost around $15 for a new set. Also the threaded ends are smooth with a nice fit, but they loosen up easily if handled.
Overall I can't say anything bad about these cables, they are well made and functional. I rated them 3/3 simply because I'm just not fully convinced that they make a big difference over stranded wire. You'll have to make that call yourself.

Purchased At:   Overture