MIT Cables Oracle V4 Speaker Cables

Available in wide bandwidth, ultra-wide bandwidth and tube version at the same price. Bi-wire version is $3495.

Submitted by Matthew a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: August 27, 2001

Bottom Line:
I got these at a REALLY cheap price because they were demo's from a dealer who was going to post them for sale on auction, but I talked him into selling them to me. They were barely used, and in original boxes. First of all they are bulky cables and the network boxes are heavy (they come with removable spiked feet). This would be a potential detractor from them if they weren't so damn good looking! After setting them up and giving them a few days to break in, WOW!! I can't believe how much they added to what I was worried wouldn't be a significant enough difference to hear!!
I heard things on albums I have previously only read people write about hearing. Listening to Mozart (Telarc recording) I heard the orchestra laid out exactly the way it should be, there was no drifting of instruments at all, The soundstaging and imaging are incredible. Details, details, I have never heard before on albums I have listened to over and over, from chairs creaking in quiet moments before loud passages, to small little details and sweetness of guitar pick edges and resolve that seems unreal!!
I have now resolved to find a way to outfit my home theater with these....I've got to go start saving!!!

Purchased At:   Audiogon

Submitted by Raymond Carrigan a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: February 3, 2001

Bottom Line:
Well readers, Honestly I don't know where to start. Well here goes. I've been putting together a system for the last 7years. I've gone through the entire B&W speaker lineup Matrix, and owned my current N802s for about a year. I bring this up only because It seems once you get in this hobby, You're always searching for that synergy between equipment that seems to work perfect. I switched my amplifiers from The palladium monoblock to the Bryston 7bs and Impressed with the overall improvement in SOUNDSTAGE, Impact, But the overall transparency was lacking. Great Bass, Strong Midrange, Hyperextended highs but the speakers no longer disappeared the way they had previously with the palladiums. So after researching and growing to love amp, preamp, speaker , CD combination, I decided to swap the wires between them. I already have MIT MH350 cvt Interconnects, MIT Z cords pwr,MIT reference Digital cable,And MIT proline Balanced going to the amps. Here Is the plunge 3600.00 big ones for speakerwire. The plunge was well worth it. For all of you MIT fans out there you know takes a lot of time for these to break in. Mit recommends at least 100 hrs. Well I can say I'm not that patient and right out of the box , The highs were a little reticent but far more natural. The midrange reached out and grab me by the throat ,and the Bass< boy you never know what you are missing until you get something emphatically better. And guess what the coherent, palpable , transparent image I was looking was there right out of the box with no break in. After listening for 5hrs, I decided to put in XLO break in disc for 3 days @ 24hrs straight, and the difference is even more rewarding. If anyone out there is considering buying this wire as part as piece of equipment, I suggest you demo the first' because It is a huge investment. But if you have a high resolution system thats on the bright side and want It to perform like intended, I say go for it. I can't say enough about this purchase. See Ya

Submitted by Przemyslaw a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: July 19, 2000

Bottom Line:
I was looking super speaker cable to my Audio Research VT100MKII amplifier and Thiel CS 2.3 speaker and i found it. MIT Oracle V4 is actually the best available speaker cable except more expensive Oracle cable. When I plugged my system with Transparent Audio Ultra, the sound was very good, but something was missing. When I run my system with MIT Oracle V4 the sound was really musical and involving with deep, ultra-fast bass and superb clear middle and high.
In my opinion this cable is worth the money, because is updatable, provides unequalled performance in its price range, and have magic look.

High End: