MIT Cables Oracle V1 Speaker Cables

3.67/5 (6 Reviews) MSRP : $13995.00

14,995$ (8'-bi-wire) and 15,995$ (tri-wire). Available in wide bandwidth, Prism ultra-wide bandwidth and tube version at the same price.

Submitted by DrMik a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: August 2, 2010

Bottom Line:
As a physicist and lecturer in electronice and a frequency specialis, there is no reason for the price of these cables. If they were made from 22 karat gold they would cost a tenth of the price and have a greater frequency response width. I have been unable to get details on the metallurgy from the manufacturers. The best cables are actually a mixture of metals and semiconductors which filter low and high end frequencies. Remember that once a human is above the age of 12 the highest audible frequncy is about 15kHz. Your listening bandwith is 25% less than a childs. What are the manufacturers claiming? A balance between reality and responsibility has been broached by the manufacturers and sellers of this cable. Someone should be in prison.

Submitted by Armand28 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: December 31, 2003

Bottom Line:
Decent cables overall, but I ended up trading them in for Transparent OPUS MM. Transparent OPUS MM's cost about $24K for 8', so while people from Norway cannot afford them, they are definately superior cables to the Oracle V1's.

Submitted by Dan a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 28, 2002

Bottom Line:
I won't lie. These speakers sound great. Need to match them with quality equipment for them to perform at their full capacity. That being said, I do not feel that they are worth the money in the least. I have tried various speaker wiring over the past few years. You can get the same quality with other cables without spending over 1,000.00. Why overspend when you won't notice that much of a difference? I certainly won't. I returned mine for store credit and have upgraded my speakers.

Submitted by Katoona a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: February 28, 2002

Bottom Line:
This cable is simply the best I have encountered. Most americans can't afford this type of equipment and therefore won't approve of its price, but the fact remains that this is the best speaker cable out there. Transparent XL gets a 2 place, but its not even close to the Oracle V1.

I understand that a lot of people think that it is plain madness to buy a cable tyhat cost more than a car, but the Oracle V1 brings out details that you didn't know existed, and how they do it I don't know - but it works, it really works.

Purchased At:   Mono

Submitted by Matt a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: January 24, 2002

Bottom Line:
Yes this cable cost Mega $$$, but if you have that kind of money...what does it matter? I have Adcom stereo equipment using MIT T-2 BiWire speaker cable ($500) and
several MI-330 interconnects ($190 each) with B&W DM-604 speakers ($1000/pair). The cables that I bought make my system sound it's best. To the guy that says buy Radio Shack cables, he doesn't know a thing. When I put together my stereo system, I was using Monster Cable speaker cable at $120. These MIT T-2 BiWire kills the Monster cables that I was using the first week.

If I were to have Genesis speakers ($125,000) then I would want cables to give it the cleanest and best signal.
I have a friend that works at a High-End A/V store that has multi-thousand-dollar speaker, cable, etc. Put in a CD there and it makes anything else sound like a $50 Philips player.

So to everyone complaining about the price: Why do YOU care?? If it's too much for you, then get something else! The great thing about MIT is that they have cables for every class of system and budget.

High End: