MIT Cables MIT 6 Speaker Cables

4.21/5 (14 Reviews)

Submitted by Steve E. a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 15, 2000

Bottom Line:
I have only had the MIT 6's for about 2 months, and quite frankly haven't fully broken them in yet. Upgraded from a pair of monster cable "Clear jacket" performance cable. I auditioned some straitwires and XLO at a dealership, and yes some did actually sound better-for about 10 times the price! These cables are absolutely excellent! I immediately noticed a difference the moment I hooked them up. I would give them 5 stars for price/performance alone, but I must rank them along with the others I auditioned, which as I mentioned sounded better, but only marginal audible difference.

Submitted by Aaron Sherrick a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 25, 1999

Bottom Line:
After reading lots of reviews on cables, I chose 2 10' mono Terminator 6 interconnects for my subwoofer for $30 each. For such a modest price, I was doubting whether I'd hear much of a difference.

All I can say is, "WOW!!!" These cables totally changed the sound of my subwoofer and gave it some manners. Regardless of the breakin period, I immediately noticed a huge increase in the tightness of the bass. I wouldn't say the cable gave me more bass, just better bass (and this was before the breakin period was complete!). Instead of hitting a muddy note, the sub lands precisely on the note. Better focus, as the product info says.

I also tried these cables on my father's system. He's a doubter of high end cables, and even he immediately noticed a difference. He said he noticed the bass was tighter and had more weight. It also gave a noticable increase in the quantity of bass (granted this was after the breakin period).

To conclude, if you're looking for an inexpensive cable or upgrade your subwoofer, BUY THIS CABLE. You can't go wrong for $30. 5+ stars!

Submitted by Darren a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: December 21, 1999

Bottom Line:
I just upgraded all my electronics (I now have a Denon single CD player and a HK 3270 audio-only receiver to go with Mission 751 speakers I had before) and I was delighted at the improvement!

Flushed with success, I decided to upgrade cheapie connectors (came free with old CD player) between CD and reciever. I tried the MIT Terminator 6 1m interconnects instead, and I wasn't impressed at all.

Compared to the cheap interconnects I was using before, I heard less bass detail and an overall sound that was harsh in a subtle way. I could listen to my system with the old cables joyfully for hours without fatigue, but as soon as I put these new MIT cables in, it was like all the *musicality* was sucked right out of my system.

I broke them in for a few days, too (not that I think that is necessary, a cable is nothing but a wire with resistance and reactance, how is "breaking it in" going to change anything?), but to no avail. I was listening to my system tonight, puzzled, wondering why albums which had given my such joy only days before were driving me from the room now. I switched back to the cheap interconnects... and presto, problem solved. The joy of listening was restored.

I think the problem is those little grey boxes on the MITs which are supposed to prevent signal loss by "storing energy and releasing it at the right times". Well, this may improve the signal mathematically, but, for whatever reason, it was a big step back musically. Maybe the rest of my gear isn't good enough?

I only paid $50CDN but obviously, they aren't worth a penny to me. For the bad sound and the silly break in recommendation, I can only give one star.

Submitted by Jason Bose Sucks a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: December 21, 1999

Bottom Line:
Some may think a cable is just resistance, capacitance etc.. Then why do cables with the same numbers sound different? The analog signal acts differently in different cables, regardless of these measurements. Sure if you are measuring the number and speed of electrons traveling through a cable then the same numbers mean same performance as far as electical current and voltage is concerned. The analog signal is not just the current and voltage. Better cables sound better despite numbers. Actually some cheaper cables sound good too. This is not one of them.

Submitted by s k a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 16, 1999

Bottom Line:
Initially bought a pair of these cables and at the price are a bargain.!! Liked them so much that decided to try out the higher end Terminator 2's too.

Atlantic Technology: