MIT Cables MI-330 Shotgun Interconnects Speaker Cables

3.92/5 (13 Reviews)

na

Submitted by a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: December 1, 2002

Bottom Line:
These are bar none the finest interconnect I have ever heard -- PERIOD. Here's the story: I've tried a number of interconnects throughout my system over the years. I have always had good results with MIT so I purchased some Mh-750 shotgun speaker cable a few years back, real happy with it. Never had enough doe to try the shotgun interconnects -- mistake #1. I have about 150 hours on these 2 pairs, I wish I would have known how dramatic the difference these cables made years ago, I probably would had paid retail for them! WOW! If you value soundstaging, microdynamics, imaging, and DEEP taut bass go buy these cables. Be fore-warned: at least 100 hours are need for proper burn in.

Submitted by Nixon a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: December 1, 2002

Submitted by michael a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 18, 2001

Bottom Line:
Like all MIT these need to be run in well. Sound changes for the first 300 hours.
The result is well worth the wait. I have now put MIT throughout and have never looked back.

Submitted by Fritz a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 7, 2000

Bottom Line:
I'd say these cables are overpriced and have terrible bass characteristics. I'm using these to connect a Wadia 850 CD player directly to a Classe CA-201 Amp, both of which offer truly balanced operation. Speakers are B&W Nautilus 803. Replaced Monster Interlink single-ended cable. My amp will produce 400 watts into 4 ohms (damping factor 470); my speakers are 8 ohms, 90db efficient and at the worst will fall to 3 ohms, so I should be getting tolerably tight bass, and was with the prior cables. One thing with these interconnects is that they really do take a long time to burn in; I wanted to give them a fair trial, so I ran them for close to 300 hours at high volume before judging their performance. The mid/high end frequencies sound sweet and nice, but not great at the highest frequencies ... things just sound a little "dampened." The biggest problem is the bass - mushy, muddy, indistinct. Boomy. It's immediately noticeable. I did an A/B trial against a pair of relatively inexpensive single-ended Monsters in the store (balanced cables will always sound cleaner), the first thing I said is that the highs sounded smoother on the MITs but the bass sounded muddy. They told me "oh, the floor models just aren't burned in yet." OK, so these are fully burned in and they still sound like crap. For $850, interconnects should sound better than this. I'd prefer to go back to my single-ended Monsters which, for $200, at least didn't turn the bass into oatmeal.

Submitted by Fred a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: April 23, 2000

Bottom Line:
Once well burned in and in the right system,these cables do everything just right.An accurate wide, deep and 3 D soundstage ,with precise placement of performers.Detail in all ranges.Non harsh highs,smooth mids and tight extended bass.My amp is a McCormack DNA-1 Deluxe,preamp is a Audible Illusions M3A,and my front end is a Cal Alpha/Delta combo.Both tube components have hand picked tubes.All components are well isolated in addition to being on a sand filled Sanus rack.All power cords are DIY,using Audioquest cable with top connectors.The amp has a dedicated line and the rest of components are plugged into a PS Audio PP -300. All cables are elevated off of the floor and are separated.Buying used cables and matched up with the same speaker cable will optimize the sound.If you shop the best used prices,you can easily get your money back on a resale,if these cables do not match well in your particular system. 5+ in the right system.

Atlantic Technology: