MIT Cables 330si terminator Speaker Cables

4.82/5 (11 Reviews)

Submitted by Jack Vanderjagt a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 1, 2001

Bottom Line:
Nou, Nederlandse lezers, wanneer je deze kabel hebt aangesloten op je bijpassend hifi-systeem , is je eerste reactie bedroevend, voor zoveel geld. Maar na even inspelen ging er een werled voor me open. strakker laag en mooier hoog,zo zuiver en subtiel, zelfs in de ruimte die aan het ideale beeld van slecht voldoet. Het is een zeer aangename ervaring, diepte en openheid beleven. Jammer genoeg heb ik niet kunnen beoordelen in zijn volle sterkte, juist vanwege deze slechte akoestische ruimte en juist daarom maakt het zo moeilijk er een goede recentie over te schrijven. Het juiste wat ik zeggen kan over de kabel is dat in de moeilijke gebieden voor een speaker deze kabel warm en toch analitich kan weergeven. En wat is het geheim van het kastje Hoe dan ook, het geluid frist er echt van op.

Submitted by Burhan Olley a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 27, 2001

Bottom Line:
I am actually a pianist who loves music so much. I received my cables last week and I burned it for at least 2 days non stop. The result that I got was so gooood, the treble was just like what I expected, it was natural somehow. Compared to my Pure Note cable, this MIT cable sounds better to me. The silver cable is too bright for my titanium tweeter which makes me tired after a long listening. The bass was good, preety tight and fast. Overall, this is the cable that I like so much.

Purchased At:   Audio advisor

Submitted by Rainer a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: January 20, 2001

Bottom Line:
Wow... that was the first word that came into my mind when I listened to the MIT MI-330 Plus Series II interconnects.
These babies really do know how to make music. These are the first MIT-cables I ever used and bought so I am not sure if what I heard is characteristic for the entire Mit product range.
But if it is you can consider me a devoted MIT-fan from now on!
The first thing you will notice when you connect these cables is that they sound very comfortable, warm, relaxed and laid-back.
At first they sound like they block the high frequencies but soon you will discover that that is not the case at all.
These cables sound very natural and musical and MIT apparently doesn't believe in the high-frequency bite and sting that many people associate with 'air' or high-end sound.

No, these cables present the music in a much more natural way. It is as if you were running before to the music played by your system; these MIT-cables allow you to walk through musical landscapes in a relaxed way, thus giving you way more time and opportunity to discover hidden and before unheard musical details and treasuries on your CD's.
Relaxed is the keyword with these cables but please don't make the mistake to assume that relaxed means at the expense of musical involvement or emotion or musical detail.

Everything is still there with all the detail intact from deep bottom end to a liquid midrange to a clear but absolutely non-fatiguing highs.
I can really recommend them to all of you; for the price paid they are absolutely the best cables I have ever encountered.
Way to go MIT!

Purchased At:   Audio Advisor

Submitted by Sam a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: October 28, 2000

Bottom Line:
These are best cables I have heard for anywhere near $150,
these are the MIT 330 plus series II which retailed for $250
and are sold new at Audio Advisor for $150. The most 3D cable I have heard before MIT 330 was HT Pro-Silway II which
costs $400, but the 330 has even more depth and width, especially width, amazing. The sound of 330 is relaxed and somewhat warm because the treble is more recessed by design, MIT feeling that other cables have excessive treble emphasis. Once you get used to reduced treble, relax in an extremely natural and very 3D soundstage, reduces the digital edge/glare found in many mainstream Cds. These may not work for systems already very lush and warm sounding, but the newer MIT 330 series each have three models, two solid state and one tube that could match better. These are now my reference cables in main system, will keep my eye out for used MIT 330 shotgun or MIT 350 series IC, my system:

Musical Fidelity A3 CDP

Powersnakes Sidewinder x 2, SR Master Coupler AC cords

Purchased At:   Audio Advisor

Submitted by Aaron a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 25, 2000

Bottom Line:
I bought two pairs of the MIT 330 Plus Series II cables from audioadvisor a little over a month ago. After having them in my system for a few weeks, I did some comparison between the 330s and the T-3s and Turquoises. My mother, who has a very musical background but knows little about hifi equipement helped out patiently.
After listening to all three, it was obvious that it really wasn't a fair comparison at all. It was hard to believe that I'd been using either of the other cables in my system at all!
The Audioquest Turquoise cables were by far the worst. Compared to the T-3s and 330s the best word to describe them would be "anemic". The sound was thin and tinny and all sustain was lost. They sounded very cold and non-musical when compared to the MIT cables.
The T-3s sounded OK at first. They were clean and crisp, but when compared to the 330s, they seemed thin and lacking in bass.
I haven't tried more expensive cables than the MIT 330 Plus Series IIs, but compared to some less-expensive relatives, there is NO contest. They are warm and velvety and very musical. All the details are there, but they never sound artificial or cool. Oh, and the price at Audioadvisor.com ($150/meter) is amazing.
I will give them 4 stars overall, only because I haven't listened to the much more expensive cables.

System: