Kimber Kable Black Pearl Speaker Cables

(See reviews)

Submitted by Michael Wolff a an Audiophile

Date Reviewed: January 31, 1999

Bottom Line:
How to describe this cable. Try this as a metaphore. Go out on your home street at night and while looking at a street light, squint your eyes really hard. This is the sound without the Black Pearl (model 1030). Now open your eyes. This is the sound with the Black Pearl coming from the source to your preamp.

Duration Product Used:   an Audiophile

Submitted by Kareem Carter a an Audiophile

Date Reviewed: January 17, 1997

Bottom Line:
Hey call me stupid, call me a total and complete idiot like my Wife did . and I will simply smile and say Ok , yes I did ) . I bought cable ( yes little strands of copper and silver . Oh and yes i paid more for them than I did for my new car , more than I paid for my wifes visit to the hospital when she had my first child . Yes I did . and you know what . I LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT . I said to myself when i handed over the check that even the bank would have hiccuped at . Yes I spent &*^^% on a pair of cables . But i must tell you this when you gasp at that number . There is nothing more vital to a mans listing room that the size of his soundstage and my stage right now can travel on for days . Come on Guys ( and gals if there are any out there ) is there anything better in the world than sitting down to a wonderful listening room that is full of music . No there is n't . Sure I heard the argument thousands of times cables don't matter . Can you really hear a thousand dollar difference?Your damn straight you can hear a differnce , and that difference isn't hidden either it's staight plain and up in you face . Compared to the Black Pearl my older cables sound nearly out of phase . The sound was full up front yet still distant . It had me sitting there for hours jaw less. I had run through my my whole collection and had me wanting to hera the most memorables parts in every album I own . Sure I own a rig that itself it speacial edition but the isnothing that i would trade for those cables . When you hear what my system is made of you might think that hey this guy is a complete idoit spending that much money on a system , but hey when you love music the way that I love music you would understand completely .
My system consists of a Krell 20i/l as my Transport I forgo it's internal peramp for the reason That I don't like any thing intergrated ( in Audio) . Next we have the Counterpiont Da-10 DAC with the Ultra analog decodong chip . They say it might not be as fast as the Krells decoding chips but I will tell you this there is nothing about this machine that is slow . Next we have the Mark Levinson No.38S Pre amp . I think it's the remote that sold me . This is all relayed to a pair of Levinson No.33 refernce Monoaural amps . That is 430 lbs of pure brute music flowing through my viens everytime I turn it on .
I guess your wondering what speakers would this nut hook up to these things well sit back for this on ( I know you'll slap me for it ) I got a pair of Snell B at a wonderful price that I just couldn't pass up . So there it goes . Oh and for the cables they are a magical mixture Madrigal Digital and Xlo well as Transparent ( hey there are the Audiophile standard ) . I already spoke to you about the Kimber Kable . We are talking about something it some amazing I well tell you this . I have never heard me room come live the way that it did with the Kimber . Now i think that we all know that Kimber is very system specific. and just can't be added to any thing . Well i must say that i took a huge risk in buying them but I also say that have never heard anything like it .
There are alot of things that go into listening and buying Audio /Visual equipment but nothing is as amazing as this cable if you have a chance to take a pair home and them take a valium when you see the bill . But I promise that you will never go back .

Duration Product Used:   an Audiophile

Pirates Black Pearl exchange now available

If anyone has this, Disney is now exchanging it due to framing issues. You don't even have to send your old copy in. Just call or email and the corrected copy will be sent to you. "This program is being provided for free to consumers who purchased earlier versions of the 'Curse of the Black Pearl ... Read More »

CSB 1206 BLK: