Harmonic Technology Pro-Silway mk II Speaker Cables

4.62/5 (34 Reviews)

1 metre RCA interconnect

Submitted by JamesLA a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: October 29, 2004

Bottom Line:
highs ok...mid rather boxy colored..bass kinda heavy,slow & fat.

Submitted by Andy2 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 31, 2004

Bottom Line:
I've been using Van Den Hul D102 MKIII for almost a year. The sound is very natural and relax for the most part but I feel like I could do better. Recently I go a very good deal on a pair of Pro-SilWay II so I figure it's time to upgrade my ic.
Since the pair is pre-owned, I did not have to break in. Right off the bat, I knew I listen to something superior than my previous vdh. The differences are so apparent and superior that I was almost in shocked. I thought the differences would be subtle but I was definitely in for a surprise.

First off, vocal has better definition, body, and as the result, it is moved slightly forward in respect to the overall soundstage.
Instruments have better defined outline and separation. I hate to use the age old cliche but everything just opens up and becomes more three dimentional.
Music seems to have more drive and energy and has a higher "PRAT" content. Treble is airy and sweet.
I suppose the sound itself worths more than a thousand words and I can go on and on but you understand what I am trying to say.

Although these cables are not cheap, and certainly not expensive when compared to those others that costs almost as your car, they offer tremendous value for your money. For 200.00, I definitely get more improvement than a 2000 cdp.

System:
Harmonic Tech Pro-Silway MKII

Purchased At:   Audiogon

Submitted by Ertugrul a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: December 22, 2003

Bottom Line:
This interconect is one of my favorites!It has a very relaxed and and smooth presantation.It has no coloration.Very good bass.There is a harmonic richnes in the signal.Its not as good as Audio note kond An-Vz but for the price diference this is not a weakness.I am using it on my
tt and phono preamp now whit very good results!

Purchased At:   Audiogone

Submitted by audio_equipment_lover a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: December 12, 2002

Bottom Line:
First of all, despite the silly marketing(come on SEVEN nines silver? There is no such thing!) these sound pretty good. They have good detail in the mids and bass and are very transparent in the middle. I do think however, they are a little rolled off in the highs. It is suprising how much difference there is in silver cables. I have tried three so far, Silver Audio, HT and Pure Silver Sound.

The Silaways are the most expensive by far, but are they the best sounding as well? NO, at least not in my system. The Silver Audio and Pure Silver Sound cables have better highs overall. I think it might have something to do with the silver plated connectors they use ( only makes sense, silver connectors for silver cables right?)With the weakness in the highs and the high price I can't recommend these cables unless you try some others too. (less expensive hopefully)

Purchased At:   Audiogon.com

Submitted by Thomas a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 12, 2002

Bottom Line:
Best cable I used in my system (shocking amount of detail, openness, refined highs and tight bass) - before I upgraded to the new Magic Link One interconnect by the same company. NOW we are talking ... the 2 cables are of similar character, but the Magic One has slightly more bass and a lot more body in the midrange, with the highs just as refined as with the Pro Silway II. The great midrange presentation makes every instrument, voice just sounds "right" where they cansound a bit harsh with the Pro Silway II.
I am using these with Krell 300iL, Arcam 23FMJ, NHT 2.9 and HT Pro-9 Bi-wire.

Purchased At:   Audiogon