Harmonic Technology Pro-AC11 Speaker Cables

4.32/5 (22 Reviews)

AC Power Cord

Submitted by bappy a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 18, 2005

Bottom Line:
Absolutely a wonderful power cord compare to the value. I have use them with my CD Player and Power Amp. And boy I was blown away with the soundstage. It has wonderful vocal, mids are much more highlighted then before and the overall increase of details. My system now is very warm and liquid.

Me myself never believe that Power Cord or in that matter any cable will change the sound, but believe me now I do believe in cable makes a lot of difference to a system.

Bass is wonderfully balance and tight and extended. You have to have it to believe. Good power cords are usually expansive, but this one has a reasonable price tag and it is a very good value for the money and definitely a good investment in your audio system.

Purchased At:   Harmonic Tech, USA

Submitted by dgibson2 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: June 10, 2004

Bottom Line:
In reading my previous review on the HT Pro-AC11 I made a mistake. The rating should be 5 overall.

Purchased At:   audiogon

Submitted by dgibson2 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: June 10, 2004

Bottom Line:
I bought the HT Pro-AC11 Power Cords because I had read the reviews here and elsewhere about the sonic benefits of upgrading the power cords. I was skeptical at first. I first tried one with my newly purchased Pathos Classic One amplifier. I had really liked the sound before, but upon plugging it in, I noticed an immediate clarity emerge at all frequencies, with the outline of the various instruments and voices clearer, and the sound appeared "cleaned" of grainy sound, which I had not noticed before. Also, bass extension and definition improved. Then I purchased another unit and hooked up to the CAL CL-15 CD player. I once again noticed a further reduction in grain in the sound. Now the timbre of the piano, violins, and voices seemed entirely true.There was more detail, blacker background. Previously, I had kept the tweeter adjustment on my Revel M20s at -.5 db because these speakers have a forward presence. With the new AC cords, I have the adjustment at 0, with the result that the sound is totally natural. I feel that I have now totally optimized the system. I am sure there are better cords out there, but these are a great starting point, and are keepers for me.

Purchased At:   audiogon

Submitted by chinman a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: May 30, 2002

Bottom Line:
I am using 5 of these in conjunction w/ highwire power wraps. I think bpt power conditioner, acme audio cryo treated outlet will do more wonders than the AC cord. As cords are system dependent, your mileage may vary. The AC11 is highly recommended, increasing detail in my soundstage.

MY HT: http://www.geocities.com/chinje2000/ht.htm

Submitted by audio purist a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 22, 2002

Bottom Line:
Hi all, first of all I HAVE used this cord and I DID hear a significant improvement on MY system. Having it connected on my Krell integrated the improvement over the stock cord was significant in terms of a wider soundstage, better frequency extension at both ends and better dynamics. On “my system” it was much more of an improvement on the Krell than on the CD Transport. For the price I paid for it I think it was well worth it.

Just a couple of my thoughts after my brief impressions on the Pro AC-11: These particular tweaks (i.e. interconnects, speaker cables and power cords) in audio as most of you may know, are very system dependent. On some systems (after the proper break-in time passes) they might do wonders and on others not as much. They also can be used as tone controls to tame brightness on some systems and increase details on others. What I am trying to say here is that the bottom line is, cables DO make a difference whether purchased pre-made or (much cheaper) made as a Do It Yourself project (CAT5). In some cases (as in mine) they make so much of a difference in particular systems that it seems as if an actual component (amp, CD, etc.) was upgraded and therefore even possibly saving you some money from having to upgrade that particular piece of audio gear. It’s just a mater of tries and time before you can find the proper cable that matches best for your own system.

IMHO all the technical explanations from some skeptics about how a power cord (and all cables for that matter) will not work because of such and such factors... well all I can say is, “don’t knock it till you’ve tried it”. Why it works? WHO CARES? It just does! All the theories in the world won’t change the fact that in MY system the sound with this cord improved SIGNIFICANTLY.
Believe me I am not dumb for anybody especially for some “audio hype” to fool me. I have 2 ears and I can judge for myself, as I did. Again, in my own honest opinion, cables, even aftermarket power cords DO make a difference! (Now having said that, that also doesn’t mean I would be spending an “outrageous” amount of money on them either).
But don’t take my word for it (or listen to the skeptics), give this or any other cord a listen for yourselves and you can be the judges, trust your own ears!
Highly recommending this product.

Enjoy life and the music!

BLG CP024: