Harmonic Technology Pro-9 Plus Speaker Cables

4.37/5 (54 Reviews)

copper speaker cables

Submitted by fjoggedelic a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 5, 2010

Bottom Line:
I`ve just got these cables to try them over a few days, before desidding whatever i should by them. These days i try a lot of different cables in my system, from Acoustic Zen`s Satori, too Lavardin cables and also Danish Dyrholm Cables, and what strikes me was the quietness of the pro 9 ref, and what you hear is what you get. If a recording sounds good, these cables will make it sound even better, and in poor sounding recordings you will benefit from these cables makes a huge efford in trying too get the bad recording sound ok. Great midrange, deep bass and smooth treble. Nothing seems to get too harsh, it`s a very "laid back" sound, and if you`re in too that, these are your cables. Mine are just breaking in, I have loaned a demo set wich only have played in 50 hours or so, and HT recommend 100 hours, but already they sounds perfect. The Lavardin cable i`m trying out these days cost 4 times the Pro 9 Ref and the Pro 9 beats them in every single way. But this is my opinion, some others love the Lavardin cables. I`m using lavardin IT Intg amplifier and Jean Marie Reynaud`s Orfeo speakers for this review. The orfeo`s sounding a bit warm, just suits the cables sound in a very good way. I will recommend trying these cables out, before spending a lot af wasted money in more expensive cables out there.

Product model year:   2009

Submitted by macfan a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 4, 2010

Bottom Line:
If you think changing speaker cable is nothing but a money-wasting hobby, I think you should take an audition of the newer version (i.e. the one I am using is the 2009 SE version Pro-9 reference) of this cable. It is absoultely amazing. I paired it up with its pro Silway MKIII+ interconnect and suddenly it was like changing a component of a triple price tag. Really. I just can't believe why it is so but this cable finally showing the real performance of my monoblocks and preamp. Everything is so transparent now and revealing and the full spectrum of sound can finally be achieved. Imaging is phenomenal. Highly detailed sound could be heard and soundstaging is absoultely amazing. Build is top-notch and there is so weakness you want to blame on. Super good bass response, great mid and high. Just purely amazing. Got my highest recommendation and it makes e believe this is the best investment I've ever made. I spend three times more on listening to all my CDs again.

Product model year:   2009

Submitted by Dnarb a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: June 19, 2009

Bottom Line:
I find these cables incredibly musical and suited for all types of music. It is very neutral over a wide frequency spectrum. Th bass sounds controlled, precise and powerful, the mids are liquid and the highs are silky smooth, even when things get busy, the highs never sounds sharp.

The cable is also very quiet. It renders a wide and deep 3D sound stage, and it portrays textures and colours very faithfully in large orchestral music. It maintains an amazing balance between being very detailed, whilst never sounding bright or edgy.

At this price it deserves the highest recommendation. I've used in with Vivid Audio B1 speakers. I compared it with Kimber 8TC, which is also a neutral sounding cable. The difference in the bass and the mid range (which sounds a little recessed with the Kimbers) was immediately apparent.

Submitted by bappy a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: November 18, 2005

Bottom Line:

$ 700 is for the length of 6 Feet

Can a cable be MORE important then a component. You will not believe what these cables can do. It can be more important than a component. Believe it.
Not everyone will jump for cable like this as these are not very cheap. But people who are in a league of over $10,000 system only they will think of cable that range.

These cables, in my opinion, are in a league of their own in delivering music of all types and recording quality in the most musical manner that I have ever heard. The sound is neutral and intoxicating with a sense of quietness and harmonic rightness that has unseated some very good cables in my system. If you would like to enjoy all your music with size without sounding loud, if you want to hear inner detail with delicacy and perfect tone you must try these cables

This cable is so sweet on the mids and hi’s that the difference is immediate and the next day was even better. It has some certain recommended time for break in but when a cable is really good you can tell right away. The bass extension and overall spectrum is mind blowing. Great air between instruments, clear focus and naturalism at male/female vocals. Sound becomes silky clean, harmonics of instruments are defined and clearly understood. Bass is powerful with full body, fast and tight real tight. Generally speaking, with this cable, entire spectrum of signal become more natural, defined and clean.

Matter of fact if I want to explain it further it will take day or two to finish my writings, so you can see that I am that much happy and grateful that I have bought this cable. You just can not go wrong with this cable that I can guarantee.

Mr Jim president of Harmonic tech is a wonderful and well behaved gentleman and very helpful.
In conclusion I want to say that Pro 9 Plus speaker cable has completed my system. Thank you Jim and also thanks Harmonic Tech for this wonder full product
My System:
Transport:
CD Player: Marantz SA 8400 and Pioneer S 733 Universal Player.
Dac: Benchmark Dac 1
Pre: Krell KSL 2
Power: Bryston 4B SST
Speaker: Dynaudio Contour 3.3

Interconnects:
Digital: Silkylinks Silver
Balance: Guarilla Audio Silver XLR
Speaker Cable: Harmonic Tech Pro 9 Plus (Yes)
Ac Power Cord: Harmonic Tech Pro AC II
Power : Amoco Online Power Conditioner

Purchased At:   Harmonic Tech USA

Submitted by bappy a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: November 9, 2005

Bottom Line:
This is more like a warning than a review . I have read all the review on this cable and got wonder, that how some people intentionally try to make some bad impression on this excellent cable. They do not even think how it will effect the company or the people who wants to buy some good products. These people are out of there mind as they are comparing this cable with the Radioshack products, which is already a Stereophile recommend product. They do have some nerve to do that. Then I must say that they are much more expert in audio world then Stereophile people.

I have one word for them go get a life instead of giving your inexperience expertise to the world. I am going to buy this cable soon, which I have ordered already. I already have their Power Cord (Ac Pro II), which is an excellent product and also believe that this speaker cable is a excellent one also. Mr. Jim the president of Harmonic Tech is a wonderful person and he help me a lot far, their customer is also outstanding. Please do not I repeat do not listen to people, listen to your ear and audition this cable by yourself.
I am giving five star before even listening and will write again after listening.

Purchased At:   Harmonic Tech