Harmonic Technology Precision-Link Speaker Cables

4.25/5 (8 Reviews)

1 M INTERCONNECTS WITH RCA CONNECTORS

Submitted by TJ a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 19, 2002

Bottom Line:
I've been using thsi cabel to go between my Rotel Pre/pro to my Rotel 5 channel amp. This cable gave my system excellent detail without the harshness that it had with the Bettercable IC's. It also firmed up the midbass warmed up the sound. There was a slight increase in soundstage from the Bettercables and definite increase over the Monster's and the Audioquest IC's.
I would recommend this cable for any system that is a little lean and lacking punch.

Submitted by adrian bryans a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: October 6, 2001

Bottom Line:
I recently embarked on a long period of trying various interconnetcts until my dealer suggested trying the HT Truth Link and Precision Link, which I had not heard of at the time, but thought I had nothing to lose by giving them a listen, especially as he was happy to lend me a pair of each for an extended home trial.

They certainly benfit from a period of burn in, although a lot less than other cables which I have used and they are still very listenable straight out of the packet.

I was amazed at the difference they made to my system. Very smooth and detailed, not an easy balance to get right, with no grain and above all very musical.

In the end I decided to go for the Precision Link, as whilst there was a slight improvement with the Truth Link, it was not enough to justify the extra cost, almost double the price in the UK.

These cables are excellent value for money and I would recommend them to anybody.

Purchased At:   V'Audio, Bristol

Submitted by blr a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 12, 2001

Bottom Line:
I've purchased this for my dedicated headphone rig, consisting of Marantz CD6000OSE Musical Fidelity X-Can V2 and Sennheiser HD600. The previous interconnect,van den Hul D102 III was good but the sound was a bit too bright.
Precision link tamed my system nicely and the sound was overall improved. The midrange is very natural, vocals sound fantastic. The treble is extended but smooth, all the grain has vanished. The bottom end is impactfull and well resolved. These cables helped my amp to really sound as a tube amp. Many people have commented that the X-Can V2 has a brighter analytical sound more like a SS amp. Well try it with these interconnects.

Purchased At:   local store

Submitted by Arkadiusz Bajerowski a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 29, 2001

Bottom Line:
I have to restate everything David and Dennis said - the sound is extremely detailed and clear with no trace of harshness; it is an extremely musical beast!

I use Cambridge Audio A500 & D500, coupled with Dutch-made Avance Omega 530 two-way floorstanders. It is not an expensive set but I believe one of the best at the price. I have made quite a few experiments with cables using this gear and the difference could be always easily noticed; however, nice as the results were, that was never exactly what I wanted to hear.

I have evolved from Audioquest Turquoises through some of the Sonic Link's experiments (they use some weird materials to make cables, like rhodium, nickel, etc. - has anyone else made a pure nickel solid core cable ?!). Anyway, my last setup consisted of pure silver multistrand interconnect (from a Polish manufacturer Albedo - rather not available outside the country; priced at around $130) and Sonic Link's last word in speaker cables - silver-plated copper S300s.

Now, quite neutral speakers, plus rather bright CA equipment, plus rather bright speaker cable plus VERY bright interconnects... what's the result? No, it was not as awful as you might guess - there were lots of detail, good separation of instruments, good tight bass. However, the basic problem was that I usually caught myself hearing to these various aspects of sound and not actually listening to the music. And naturally enough, the listening was fatiguing - one or two hours and my ears were tired.

Then, visiting a hi-fi shop I've stumbled upon a pair of HT's Precision-Links and gave them a try.

The first thing to say about them is that they need a not too long but absolutely necessary break-in period. Hour after hour I could easily hear the difference in coherency, precision and detail. After some 36 hours of continuous playing there were really singing! I was just sitting in front of my speakers, and hours passed by, me changing CDs in the spinner, and an ever wider smile on my face :)

At first I didn't really know what's going on with the music. I was slightly disappointed - I thought the old silver wires had more detail, and I thought this is the way it has to be when you exchange a silver cable for copper. But this was at the very beginning. Now the Harmonics have all the detail, air and soundstage of the Albedos and much, much more. The sound is simply better all around.

The nicest thing about this cable is that it has put everything in the right place in my system. Bass is well-extended, tight and powerful, the mids are great, especially with haunting female vocals, and the highs are excellent, never shy but never harsh. But the point is here that now I listen to the MUSIC and don't even think about the equipment anymore - it is simply such a great pleasure to listen to the MUSIC!

The ultimate impression of this piece of wire is that since I've started to use it, the instrumentalists and singers on all of my records are smiling to each other during the performance.

So this is my advice: these interconnects may not work as well in your system as in mine but it would be a shame not to listen to them if you are considering a purchase in this price range. And if your system sounds too harsh or bright, or if you simply have an imperssion that something's wrong and you're not sure what, this product might be everything you need. It's a pity that the rating system here allows for only five stars :)

Purchased At:   Audio System

Submitted by Arthur a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 16, 2001

Bottom Line:
These cables are the worst. The first pair I purchased, which required a 3 hour round-trip drive to Miami, had a short in the right channel cable. I was sent a replacement pair which I've had for about a year. The sound from my Cambridge Audio CD6 which I purchased at the same time as the Precison-links never sounded great but I'd heard such great things about it and assumed that a $ 125.00 pair of interconnects should sound good. Then recently my amp started shutting down at moderate to high volume levels, but
only when listening to the CD player. I thought it was a problem with the HK amp but swapped out the Precision-links with a pair of Straight Wire Chorus cables and not only did the problem go away but I suddenly began to hear that great sound I had expected from the CD6. I could have bought 3 pairs of Chorus cables for the $ 125.00 I wasted on the Precision-links. I threw them in a drawer where they will remain, a reminder of an expensive lesson learned.

Wood Technology: