Harmonic Technology Cyber-Link Platinum - Digital Speaker Cables

75 Ohm cable, laboratory-grade pure Single Crystal silver refined to 7N (99.99997%)

Submitted by ddriveman a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: November 16, 2002

Bottom Line:
After purchasing a new DAC (MSF A3-24), I needed a digital SPDIF cable. I purchsed both the HT Cyber Link and the Nordost Silver Shadow after testing several other cables such as Siltech, Van de Hul.
I recommend at least 80 hour of burn-in for both cables. You need the burn-in before the sound opens up.
With the Cyber Link Platinum, the construction is first rate. The sound is smooth yet detailed. But what draws me most to the Cyber Link Platinum is the warm, rich sound especially in the mid and bass. With voices (especially male such as Harry Connick) the sound is resonant, warm and realistic. With the piano, I find the timbre, tone and the decay of the of the Cyber Link platinum to be the most realistic especially compared to the Nordost Silver Shadow. With double bass, the leading edge is more detailed and has more texture.
However, the Silver Shadow is better in treble which is quicker and cleaner than the Cyber Link Platinum. Overall, the Silver Shadow has a leaner, more forward balance. For those who prefer a quicker and leaner sound, the Silver Shadow may be preferable. In my sytem however, it can be a little too bright and so I prefer the warmer, more laid-back sound of the HT.
When you campare the price difference (Silver Shadow costs US$440), then the HT gets my vote as the better cable in MY SYSTEM.

Purchased At:   Golden Ear, Singapor

Submitted by Chuck a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 25, 2001

Bottom Line:
WOW, This wire is a keeper.......total accuracy.....zero coloration. If you don't want to hear it all, don't consider these. eaudio will pre-cook 'em for you, no break-in, instant gratification.

Purchased At:   www.eaudionet.com

Date Reviewed: April 9, 2001

Bottom Line:
Now that the wire and new receiver are here, I can make an initial review. If you want details of how the wire works with a denon receiver, see my other review.

I truly believe that this digital cable is making my sony dvd a more musical player. Before, I would listen to my sony compared to my cambridge cd only player and I could tell how bad the sony was. It was harsh, tinny at times, it would fatigue me. That was comparing with same analog cables into a nakamichi receiver.

Now that I have a denon and I use the digital connection via the cyberlink copper, the sony is much more musical with high's that are both extended and not fatiguing. I cannot hook up my cambridge digitally because it has a balanced connection and the denon will only take an unbalanced digital signal or analog. But even through decent audioquest ic's the cambridge lacks some definition and high extension. I feel that if the cambride were linked via a digital connection it would sound just as good if not better. Of course the change in sound could be the denon unit with it's better dac's/decoders compared to the old nakamichi.

No matter what the truth may be, I'll have to give a whole hearted recommendation to the cyberlink and also to www.eaudionet.com for both quality service, nice freebies and good recommendations.

I'm a believer in the digital difference!

Purchased At:   www.eaudionet.com

Date Reviewed: April 2, 2001

Bottom Line:
Just follow-up correct site for eaudioNet is www.eaudioNet.com ask for Mr. Wen-Li a very helpful person.

Purchased At:   www.eaudioNet.com

Date Reviewed: April 2, 2001

Bottom Line:
I haven't gotten the cable yet, but from friends and reviews I don't think I'll be disappointed. The harmonic technology cyberlink is THE digital cable.

I wanted to actually turn everyone onto eaudio.net's excellent service and freebies. They will burn-in your cable using cable cooker and clean the termination with progold. For free!

They even include a bottle of Deoxit with orders above a certain price point.

I don't work for them,(they're in NY I'm in CA). I just have not found a site yet that matches that kind of service for harmonic technology cable. You may email me for questions about my experience. If you don't go used, you might as well get some freebies and not pay tax!

I will post an updated review when the cable arrive.

Equipment:
Denon 2801 receiver
sony 530 dvd
mitsubishi 60" gold series (no HDTV for me yet!)
Dynaudio 40's for l/r
Tannoy M2's for rears
Dynaudio 122 center
Def Tech 15" sub
Monster sub cable (need to upgrade)
Harmonic Tech cyberlink digital cable
Audioquest Type 4 speaker cable (any suggestions for speaker cable with this set-up would be great)

Purchased At:   www.eaudio.net