Electraglide Reference Glide Mk III Speaker Cables

3.45/5 (11 Reviews)

After market AC power cord

Submitted by palorte a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 19, 2007

Bottom Line:
To give credit where credit is due when Mr Scoot Hall is not high nor drung he knows how to make fanatstic cables that's not the issue. that wa sin the 90's now fast forward into the last couple of years . . .
The issue is his addiction is such that he lies and stills (for his probably chemical addiction ), theat his buyers like caddle teling us what we want to hear and taking moey up front with the story I just came out of jail story or by hi "bitter divorce story"or his Son in jail soty as you can see Mr William Scott Hall is not short on imagination here what he is is short on honesty and good business ethics and values.

If you find cable of him made and can snatch it for a few hundred bucks very good cable.
Now give him an order now. . . just feeding this poor poor man's addiction and dilusions . . .

Be aware good supplier turned scam artist, no going back here.

Sorry to writhe this as is is true.
He got me on a repeat order of cables, discover his cables and liked them , now when i went back for more . .. . well . . money I paid no cbales came to me . .. ever . . . .

Hope this helps keeping yo from bering ripped off like me.

Peace;
P.P.

Date Reviewed: October 27, 2007

Bottom Line:
As I have reviewd these cbale sbefore I am obliged to post on the status again.
Ordered and prepaid Scott Hall or William Scott Hall as his real name is, he is the fonder and designer of Electra Glide Cables,'The following order of cables he decided to use low quality components not thee real high end stuff more like home depot electric department stuff.

The last time I gave him an order to help develop business with him overseas and help him with his man personal problems he flat out took my money and changed his telehone number and moved away . .
Only contact through e-mail in which he says he will send cables next week,
That has been already almost 3 months worth of next weeks shipment.
ALso nto to my surprise I rad in Audiogon that he took otehr peoples money as well.

Mr. Scott Hall is a man with severe mental and perhaps addiction issues of chemical dependecies, that he needs to address before he becomes credible again.
If you run through him and he tells you his problems and bad divorce and depressions and etc. etc. welcome to the club Scott has been working that angle for more than 2 years as I learn from a reputation Audio dealer in Atlanta area.

Meantime I am going to pray for him as I believe thsi poor man needs a lot of help.
but also we need to warn possible candidtaes to ot fall for the same trick.
It took my $$

Purchased At:   ELectra Glide design

Date Reviewed: July 23, 2007

Bottom Line:
The new generations of Electra Glide cables (since I can't speak of the older models) are exquisite, the bottom end is well defined without being forceful, very tight and deep, tuneful, the mids have the right bloom and escitement, I have necver heard that power cables that enhance the stage or deep etc. I have however heard power cables that kill the perception of space cues.
This one does promote whatever your equipment can give it will not harm it in any way. the top end is presneted silky and lively, probably working best with tube amplifiers.

I used the Leectraglides with Threshold amplifier, DK design group Integrated, Audible Ilusions preamp, also Classée, and otehr source components to much luck and luscious results.
They are delicious cables that need to be carefully paired to teh best electronics, it won't make a bad DAC o preamp or amp sound miraclously good.

I do Believe the designer had an Epiphany when he deigned these cables Epiphany X 3 and Synapses are trmendous power cables,
In a world full of 'artists" that calim their cabels are the best, we finally find a product that it does what it claims, very good.
After trying the Kimber Power Kords wigtha certain level of luck on the PK-10 Gold, I also did not particularly did not like the PK-14, nor the Shunyata lesser snakes (venom, diamondback, etc.) the larger snakes Python and Anaconda to be very good also at their price range.
Other cables tried were from horrible to no effect whatsoever same as a regular power cord you buy for $3 in teh electris cuopply store.

The fit and finish of thsi cable is really good, one detail to take into consideration is that they do not connect ground, so if your component must be grounded for whatever the reason, this particualr cabel won't do it.
Other than that I just notec my Sunfire Cinema grand does not have a grounding leg for the electric connection (200 x 5) so I would imagine most amps will not need grounding either.

Hope this helps a litle but.

Date Reviewed: July 23, 2007

Bottom Line:

Hope this helps a litle but.

Submitted by Bob a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: January 21, 2003

Bottom Line:
This review is for the Electraglide Fatboy 2000 ($1700). The cable was tried
on a tube power amp and a solid state power amp. Direct A/B comparison
was made to PS Audio Lab II ($450) and Synergistic Active A/C
Master Coupler ($450) by replacing cables back and forth. All cables
also received power through Monster power filters. Compared to the
Synergistic on the tube amp, the ElectraGlide Fatboy 2000 offered a little
more smoothness and resolution, but suffered in midbass and soundstage
which were notably better on the Synergistic. The Fatboy sounded
somewhat thin and "nasal" by comparison and I chose the Synergistic
cable. Compared to the PS Audio Lab II on a solid state system, the results
were similar to those for the tube amp except that the PS Audio also
sounded a little smoother and had a fuller lower midrange. I chose the PS
Audio for this application over the ElectraGlide. The ElectraGlide cable
does improve the sound of equipment over stock power cords, but
doesn't compete well against newer, lower priced designs from other
manufacturers