Elco Audio, Inc. UDC-S Digital Cable Speaker Cables

UDC-S - ultimate S/PDIF and AES/EBU digital cables. Construction: gold-plated silver + Teflon dielectric.

Submitted by mike t a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 13, 2002

Bottom Line:
When I opened the box my first thought was WOW. This cable is built like a tank. It was twice the thickness of the monster cable it was replacing. The build quality is top notch.
After hooking it upI noticed an immediate improvement in sound quality. Bass was tight and the midrange was warmer and highs right on.
This cable is impressive and gets better with the each hour of use.

Equipment
Denon 3801 reciever
toshiba 5700 cd/dvd player
4 JBL s-38
1 JBL s-center

Purchased At:   audiogon

Submitted by fury210 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 12, 2002

Bottom Line:
This is by far one of the best digital cables out there. Go to the Elco web site and buy it direct, or bid on one at
www.audiogon.com

Purchased At:   Direct

Submitted by Ricky a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: October 1, 2001

Bottom Line:
Great cable. Very well constructed using the best parts. The sound is very well balanced from top to bottom without any digital glare or bass loss. Very smooth especialy compared to my D-60 which at times can sound harsh. This has been the best digital cable that I have tried to date.

Purchased At:   elcoaudio.com

Submitted by Joe a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: September 6, 2001

Bottom Line:
This is a quick follow up review. I purchased the ultimate back in June and have had several months to listen to it. I love this cable. I totally agree with the previous reviews and the cable does get even better with age. Definitely give Elco cables a try. I also bought several pairs of Benedicts Trinity cables. WOW.

Purchased At:   Elco

Submitted by Neil a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: July 13, 2001

Bottom Line:
I was once in the camp that digital cable does not make a difference. How can it? It is a series of 1 and 0's that is clocked. Well after playing around demoing numerous digital, IC & PCs, I am here to tell you that cables do make a difference, even digital. I know what I heard, I trust my ears.

Initial thoughts: I was shocked how good it was right out of the box. After about 24 hours it has settled in more offering more detail. Ramesh in the below review (whose review is right on the money and thanks for turning me on to this cable)said it takes a few months to really shine. I look forward to getting to that point!

The main thing about this cable is that it gets out of the way of the music. It is as neutral and balanced I have heard in any cable. The highs were surprisingly not harsh at all even out of the box, they were very smooth and silky, which is how I would describe this cable. The bass and mids are authorative but not as weighty as the HT platinum. I would describe it as quicker and more acurate. I did not know what Ramesh ment by the backgrounds are blacker and quieter until I heard and compared this cable to my others. Again, Ramesh was right on the button.

The build quality is excellent with clean solder joints, great RCAs - Cardas rhodium, Gold plating over pure silver wiring (as that why it is very smooth but not harsh as some silver cable can be?), teflon dialectric, and a kevlar cover.

This cable is the real deal and comes highly recommended. It is the best digital cable I have heard to date. An added bonus is that the cable is covered by a lifetime warranty and customer service from Benedict at elco is top notch. Delivery was lightning fast and the cable came well packed. He also has a 30 day no questions asked return policy, no risk. This cable was a very pleasant surprise and If you try it, I believe you will see the value of having an exceptional digital cable. I will add a review later in a few months once the cable is fully broken in.

Your milage may vary. This is what I heard in my system in my room.

Purchased At:   Elcoaudio.com