Elco Audio, Inc. SGI-999R Interconnect Speaker Cables

SGI-999R - latest model of interconnects, ultra thin gold-plated silver conductor, porous Teflon dielectric and Kevlar jacket.

Submitted by ALM a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 16, 2003

Bottom Line:
First, I have to say that in this over hypped industry it is very difficult to find a truly good product that meets or beats your expectations. I can truly say that is the case with Elco. This is a small company that does not have a large marketing(outrageous hype)prescence. However, there interconnect is well crafted and produces excellent results. I compared their top of the line against the old Stealth PGS. I found Elco's product to provide better transient response, wider dimensional spacing and increased retrieval of ambient information. On certain recordings that I knew well I was able to hear lower level details that I had not heard before. While audiophiles may have heard similar expressions before,and may be a little cynical, I would say thay they would be hard pressed to find a better performing product in this price range or in ranges that are four times higher.
Elco is a true bargain! Also, before I bought I emailed over quite a few technical questions regarding capacitance and wire metrics. The answers were extremely intelligent and detailed. There is no doubt that the owners understand quite a bit about metalurgy and electronics. This is expert knowledge and manufacturing and not basement DIYers.

Purchased At:   Audigon