ED Omniwire Speaker Cables

Submitted by Russell a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 8, 1999

Bottom Line:
This is a great cable. I am using to throughout and find it well balanced with good extension top to bottom. Other cables highlighted various aspects of the music, but this cable gets everything right by not editorializing. If feel that it is better than any of the "box" cables.

Submitted by Phil a an Audiophile

Date Reviewed: February 9, 1998

Bottom Line:
I live in Northern Virginia. I first found out about this company, Empirical Design (ED for short), located in Herndon, VA (703-620-5707). I utilize a Rega Planet as a source (in addition to DVD). I have Thiel and B&W Speakers and Rotel Electronics. I was skeptical at first, so I just bought the interconnect for the CD player ($295). When I brought it home, I could not believe the difference. I recently replaced speaker cable as well. I was using MIT (Music Hose) MH-750, cable of truly excellent quality that retails for about $600 for a 12ft. pair. The ED are similar in price (a drop more) and the price varies based on termination (an 8ft. pair with spades is about $575). Forget about network boxes or other gimmicks used on popular cables. Buy this before they realize how good it is and double the prices (and it would still be a worthwhile purchase). The company makes power cords as well that are very reasonable and much better than established audiophile brands that costs much more. Forget whatever you use now no matter what the cost of your cable is. You will not hear better in terms of imaging, tonal quality, etc. than you can get anywhere. I've heard it side by side with much more expensive cables of name brands and found it clearly better.

Duration Product Used:   an Audiophile