Clarity Labs FoxFire Speaker Cables

4.88/5 (8 Reviews) MSRP : $199.00

Silver Hybrid Interconnect cable

Submitted by Deke_Nut a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 17, 2003

Bottom Line:
FANTASTIC! Honestly, I can't say enough about these cables and the difference they made in my system. Everything sounds better in my CDs - tone, articulation, detail, soundstage, voices, instruments... really. I am not an audiophile snob who can lay down colorful metaphors for days on some obscure sound chararistic, so I think that says something in that these cables instantly impressed me in every way. I guess I will believe the burn in issue required with these pure silver cables, but right out of the box they are giving me everything I could ever ask for. If it gets even better, I don't know what I will do with myself! Response Audio will let you try these and return them in 15 days, so what do have to lose? Give it a shot - you may end up as giddy as I am.

My music set up:
Rotel RSX-1055 AV Receiver
Rotel RCD-1077 CD player
B&W CM2 speakers
B&W ASW-675 subwoofer

Purchased At:   Response Audio

Submitted by Eduard Selskiy a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: October 30, 2002

Bottom Line:
I strongly believe that this is one of the best interconnect cables money can buy. Sure its pricey, but compared to other brands/models, it's definately the best bang for the buck.
Bass is solid, and high frequencies are clean and clear. No harshness here.
I originally had it between my Nakamichi PA-5 & Nacamichi CA-5 pre-amp & Nakamichi OMS 5 CD Player & it will remain in my system.

Purchased At:   OZ Enterpricese

Submitted by Brandon B a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: January 19, 2002

Bottom Line:
I wrote a review for these cables a couple months ago, but now that they have burned in for about 100 hrs (Tom grot reccomends 200 for best performance). They really changed for the better. Everytime i sit down and listen to music i just get a smile on my face and although its not all because of cables,it really helps. The way these present the music is just phenomenal. Every instrument has its own place in the sound stage, The highs and mids are liquid smooth, and airy These cables are soo natural and stunning its like i have the band playing in my room, The cables really make it more than listening its more of a musical experience. The bass is clean and smooth. I really enjoy listening to these cables, I dont think they are bright at all and not too laid back either. Just right. Although they will require some burn in time, Its well worth the wait, And these are well worth the money. They continue to impress me everyday, and i can only reccomend that you give them a listen in your own home.

Submitted by Grover a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 19, 2002

Bottom Line:
The positive review in Vacuum Tube Valley magazine got me interested in this cable. After thinking about it for a month or so, I decided to place my order for a 1 meter pair. It’s been one of my best-ever audio decisions. My reference cable for the previous ten years has been a copper IC from Apex Audio that has a dynamic sound I really enjoy. I was hoping the Foxfire would sound at least as good as my Apex. Turns out, the Foxfires slayed the older and much more expensive cable.

Right out of the box, what I noticed about the Foxfire was a substantially quieter background than with my previous ICs. The Foxfires definitely need to be broken in before they sound their best however. Initially I felt them to be a bit constricted and one-dimensional with a balance toward the cool side. They weren’t sounding "bad" necessarily, just sounding like cables that needed some break-in. I e-mailed Tom Grot of Clarity Wires and he understood my comments and suggested a minimum of a hundred hours on the cables is what was needed before they settled in and started to sound their best and 200 hours was optimum.

It’s been a month and what started off as a decent sounding cable is now truly superb. I have an all tube setup and have the Foxfires placed between my CD player and preamp. I feel their best quality is in the higher frequency range. There is a beautiful spaciousness and air around the instruments with nice decay to cymbals, tambourine, triangle and other high pitched sounds. But the upper frequencies are not overstated at all; they are just the frosting on what I feel to be a beautifully balanced musical presentation. Bass is quite tight, with good impact on percussion instruments. I notice a realistic slam and a resonance to bass drum in particular, as if you could feel air moving. The Foxfires do an excellent job of bringing out the detail and fine musical textures of a recording. They bring an added sense of realism that is very enjoyable.

Build quality on the Foxfires is very good. The cables are quite thin and easy to work with. The insides look to be two light green and one white wire braided together surrounded by a white mesh outer cover. They have sort of an iridescent quality that looks very attractive. So when your spouse says “Is there anything you can do about those big fat ugly cables in the back of your equipment rack?” You can take that as permission to upgrade to Clarity Foxfires. I know I did.

Purchased At:   Response Audio

Submitted by Brandon a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: November 16, 2001

Bottom Line:
I got these cables about 2 weeks ago and really love them. The sound is soo detailed and open. Really made my Music come alive. The imaging is very good and these are some very nice sounding cables. Very smooth and open No coloration of the music at all. The highs are soo smooth and detailed as well as the rest of the music. They also have great tight, clean bass. and they arent bright either that could depend on the system you use them in. Couldnt ask for more in a interconnect. I was using the Emberglow IC's before these and they were also very nice. Now they are Jumpers for my amp and the pair made such a difference that it was like a componet upgrade. Very very happy with all my Clarity Wires cables. For the guy below that gave 4 stars the Foxfires have the Shrink wrap on only 1 side. So at least you can keep them " flowing" in the same direction. BTW these are Nice looking too. I could almost frame them as art. I highly reccomend you go listen to these. you wont be dissapointed. Very nice..
Thank you Clarity Wires for another great product. Keep up the good work.!

Award-Winning Axiom: