Blue Jeans Cable Belden 7710A Speaker Cables

• Canare crimp-type connectors
  • 3/4 inch in diameter

Submitted by maxximtl a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 14, 2005

Bottom Line:
Blue Jeans cable is definetly one of the better kept secrets in the cable business. What I like about them is that they come right out and tell you everything about their product. There are no secrets, cryo-treatments, incredible claims or other "snake oil" sales techniques. Blue Jeans sells quality cable and thats it.

As the name describes, the 7710A component cable is made out of Belden Brilliance 7710A cable. It's an extremely sturdy cable terminated with quality Canare RCAP connectors.

The picture is great. Colors are bright and vibrant. There is detail that wasn't present with lower end cables. No complaints here.

One MAJOR thing to consider is that this cable is NOT FLEXIBLE at all. When they say its stiff, they mean it. If you have any sharp bends to make immediately after the connectors, forget about it.

Because of this issue, I returned the cable in favor of their Belden 1505F component video cable. The 1505 cable has a braided core, and is therefore quite a bit more flexible. Picture quality seems just as good to me, although on paper it should degrade slightly (maybe below the perceptible limits of the human eye.)

I am happier with the 1505F cable just from an ease of use standpoint. Picture quality is still fantastic, so I don't feel that I have given up anything.

Lastly, I would like to review Blue Jean Cables S-Video Cable. This is a twin conductor cable with all metal mini-din connectors. I am using this on my Satellite box. I have run 2 other S-video cables (one RCA, one Radioshack,) and they were both utter crap compared to this cable. We swapped cables to do back to back comparisons. There was no contest. The Blue Jeans cable had much brighter colors, much better resolution on dark scenes and just a superior picture overall. The difference was immediately noticeable on any content.

Purchased At:   www.bluejeanscable.c

Submitted by --D-- a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: August 26, 2004

Bottom Line:
This cable is great! Compare this to the Cobalt Cable component video that costs twice as much (they look like they're the same exact product). I really like the Canare 75ohm RCA plugs included on these. They hold pretty tight and they seem to be high quality. I'm also using a Canare digiflex gold 75ohm coax cable for digital audio which is also a great product with the same connectors. I paid a little more for my cable than the prrevious reviewer because I got the 1694A cables (same 3 conductors) wrapped with a tech flex jacket as opposed to the less flexible / less expensive rubber covering.
Compared to a $20 generic Component video cable, this cable is obviously much better. I see less color bleeding in the reds and resolution is better. Blacks are also more defined.

Purchased At:   www.bluejeanscables.

Submitted by ibedouglas a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 22, 2004

Bottom Line:
I just bought this cable based on a few recommendations I read on forums and on audioholics.com. They turned out to be exactly what I expected, a very capable canare terminated, belden wired interconnect. I don't think you will find much better than these, especially at the price given. I highly recommend these for anyone who's on a budget small or large, because you're going to end up spending at least three times as much to find something that may or may not be better.
Just as refrence I will note that pervious to using these cables I was running a Tributaries silver series S-Video cable. (Which is a top of the line interconnect)
The Tributaries has worked great for years, but I just upgraded my dvd player to one that has a non-progressive component out. So I grabbed these cables, and doing an A and B comparison with the Tributaries, the contrast seems roughly equivalent, but the colors are much more vibrant and vivid with the component video cable. Again, I highly recommend the cable...well built, and comparable to anything an exotic cable company would put out.

Purchased At:   Blue Jeans Cable Onl