AudioQuest Jade Speaker Cables

3.23/5 (13 Reviews)

AudioQuest Interconnects

Submitted by sorryrat a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 4, 2003

Bottom Line:
I have used these for several years, and changed components about a half dozen times requiring moving the plugs. Last night I changed a CD player and when hooked back up, one cable was dead. I never had a complaint about the sound, but the quality is less than one would expect. Even the freebees last longer than this.

Submitted by Guoxiu a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 17, 2001

Bottom Line:
From '97-'98, I used these cables with the entry-level Sony CDP-XE300 and the Marantz PM-66SE amp before upgrading to the Turquoise. The Jade offers a discernible improvement over those ubiquitous, free interconnects that accompany every new CDP. It tamed the brash treble of the Sony and made listening to it more pleasant. And I actually preferred it to its more expensive brother, the Audioquest Turquoise!?? It had far more character and warmth than the drab Turquoise. Its reproduction of basslines is on the lazy and slow side, so dance and rock music fans beware...

Do note however, that the Jade is quite an old product now, so you might be better off buying a newer cable in this price range (QED's excellent Qnect range comes to mind).

Submitted by Sam Lai a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 28, 2000

Bottom Line:
I got these interconnects because of price. I can't be dissappointed for this price. However, I did myself DIY interconnects using Jon Risch receipe. Now, I experience much more balanced sound, less high frequency, and huge soundstage. Thanks Jon. This guy really knows the stuff. Some poeple critize him (only those who never tried - proud, arrogant and ignorant - big mouths without nothing to support it). Solution: Use teflon insulated copper wires (Belden), Kester solder and good gold plated rca plugs. This is the best and cheapest solutions. Btw, I use Jade on my tape deck (2-3 hours / month). DIY cable works (150h/month).

Submitted by Kai a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 12, 2000

Bottom Line:
I agree with thee people who've commented on the lack of build quality in these cables. I'm currently using them on my Technics turntable and every once in while on channel falls out out and I have to push them back into place.

Sonically though, I think they are very good cables if you are using them on a budget system. They are good allround performers and gives good bass weight but still pretty neutral sounding. I don't think I'd use them on more sophisticated equipment though.
But still if you're on the lookout for an inexpensive cable which performs well, check these out!

Submitted by Nils Tikkanen a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 31, 2000

Bottom Line:
I have had a pair of Jades for over a year now. They sound better than other interconnects in their price range.

HOWEVER, the right channel cable shorted out. It had been acting oddly for the past few months, and then ZAP. It's a goner. I can't recommend this cable due to it's build quality. Come on, Audioquest...

PANAMAX: